Sunday, August 29, 2010

Robbie and Carson have some time...

Carson got a hiking back pack for his birthday, so Robbie decided to take him on a little hike. He had been looking forward to this for a long time. Carson kept telling Nate, "I am going hiking with my dad. You are staying with mom." Nate would then ask me what we were going to do. I would say that I didn't know. Nate would say, "Par-tay." Well, if his idea of "par-tay" is going to Walmart, then he got what he wanted.

The night before he  had to pack his back pack...including jacket, drink, AND the must have binoculars. The Easter Bunny brought these to Nate 2 years ago. But, they were a must, so in they went. That morning they left bright and early...around 6:30. Carson had to come and tell me bye. He was so excited but had a little leaving mom saddness. Robbie said as they hiked he kept saying, "I wonder what mom and Nate and Logan are doing?" "I wonder where mom is..." Any variation of these two things was said a million times.

They went up to Pomerelle and hiked around. The day started with a stop at the gas station for some chocolate milk and donuts...the breakfast of champions. They spent some time hiking a run called Milk. It was filled with cows and cow pies. He couldn't wait to tell me about the poop.

Here he is all ready to go

Ditched the trecking poles for the binoculars
Robbie and Carson's self portrait

They mostly just hiked around and had a lot of fun. To "bag" his first peak though, they drove to the top of Mount Harrison.
By this point, Carson was ready to come home. He had a lot of fun with his dad. It gave me just a glimmer of what the future has in store for me. My boys like doing this kind of stuff. I am sure I will have two choices: drag myself out of be to go with them or stay home in bed sleeping in or reading a good book. I can't say which I would choose, but I don't like getting left behind...and I think by the time all my boys are old enough to go I will have earned some peace and quiet!

No comments: