Sunday, February 21, 2010

I Heart V-day...

This year we had such a fun and busy Valentine week.

Monday, I made sugar cookies for Carson's preschool class. Each cookie was pink and decorated with white frosting and had the kid's name on it. It was fun to do. My mom did this for my class at school every year. She always brought the cookies and all my classmates were SO excited. More than anything, I just loved seeing my mom at school.


Then on Wednesday, it was Carson's V-day party. I was so proud of him. He wrote all his classmates names and his own on his valentine. I glued a plastic dinosaur to a paper and wrote, "You are DINO-MITE!" on it. The kids loved it. Carson got a ton of candy. Whatever happened to one little piece in the envelope of the valentine? He got so much. Well, Logan is a little sugar bug and when I came into our family room I found this:




 

Three suckers he'd found, unwrapped, and was eating. Plus, chocolate everywhere.

Thursday, we went to a Valentine party…more candy! It was really fun. The mom, Erin, read a cute book called Pinkalicious. The kids loved it.

Friday, we went to Idaho Falls to do some shopping. Robbie needed new work clothes SO bad. My dad kept the kids and we did a little shopping. We came home on Saturday, and then after church on Sunday we gave our kids their valentines. I thought it would be so fun to give them these dinosaur eggs. I had no idea what a mess that they would be…and a disappointment. Carson thought they had a real dinosaur in it. He was a little bummed. Let's just say it is a good thing that we learn from our mistakes. This was a lesson learned.




After this, we had Robbie's parents over for our traditional Valentine dinner. I made this for Robbie the first time when I was pregnant with Carson. I wanted to surprise him for Valentines, so on the Friday before, I got the groceries and made the meal before he got home from school. He LOVED that. SO, here is our menu: salad (varies on the type…this year was a red onion vinegarettte with romaine, candied almonds, parmesan, strawberries, and oranges), breadsticks, chicken Alfredo, chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert. YUM! It is a fun tradition. Good thing we only have this about once a year…it carries a pretty hefty load of calories.

One thing that I realized this Valentines, is that it is not about giving a card or a present or declaring one's love on one day per year…it is about the little thing we do each day that add up to the love we feel on this day. I feel so blessed to have a wonderful husband that tells and shows me that he loves me. A few things that he does that show this are that he always kisses me good bye(even if I am still in bed), he'll change a stinky diaper without me asking, and he lets me sleep in on his day off. That is true love!


This is of thing 3's last mess. I love this little boy, but he sure is busy.

No comments: