Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Reward, Thing 3 stikes again, and Pink eye

A couple of weeks ago, we decided to do a reward jar with the boys. If they obey, they get to put a marble in a pint size jar. They also get to put a marble in if they do something nice for someone else. The first day, Carson was supposed to be getting ready for school. I came around the corner and saw that he was making my bed. Cutie. It has been pretty effective. They have been unloading the dishwasher every day. They each get to put in two marbles for that.

The jar is filling up. It is a little over half way. Carson said to me this morning, "Our jar is getting pretty full. I think we should choose our reward. Maybe you can take us to a football game." Nate chimed in, "Or a baseball game." Then Carson got the biggest grin on his face and his eyes lit up, "I know...You can take us to Grandpa Bob's house!" Grandpa Bob's house it is. They both were jumping up and down and clapping. I love it that they love each other so much...but it is not just Grandpa Bob...Grandma Marsha is pretty high on their list of favorites.

Also, last week, Thing 3 struck again. He dumped out a whole bucket of flour all over the floor and was rolling in it. He stuck his face in it. It was EVERYWHERE. Then Carson and Nate wanted to help clean up. It was very nice, but I ended up with white footprints all over my entire house on the wood floor. It took me over an hour to get it all cleaned up.

One might ask, "Where were YOU while all this was going on?" The answer is that I was in the family room by our kitchen (essentially the same room) picking up toys. This one is silent. And busy. That is a very bad combination. He has also started to open my drawers and empty them out. He especially loves to pull the ziploc bags out of their box. This one is trouble.

Poor little Nate had pink eye this week that caused a little vessel in his eye to rupture. He keeps getting mad at us when we say that we want to check his pink eye or his red eye. "My eyes are not pink. They are blue," he says every time. He is also adding SO in front of every sentence. "So mom, you are making cookies. So mom... so mom..." It is funny.

It is crazy to think that he will soon be three and that in one week, Logan will be one. Time goes by in a blink.

3 comments:

The Bailey's said...

oh shoot..I know when they are quiet...I always anticipate a freakin huge mess...Nate is so funny!

Elise said...

We've been battling pink eye at our house too. :(
Hudson did that exact same thing with the baggies, Costco size!!!!

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

Jay keeps trying to convince me that we need to change the door knob on our pantry door to one that you have to open with a key. I keep telling him that won't do any good, because the older kids make just as big of a mess in there as Paisley does.