Last Sunday for dinner, Carson's request was homemade chicken noodle soup. He LOVES it. As little Logan was eating he looked at me and said "Noodles...a bunch of gibberish...GOOD." He got his point across. I loved it.
Then last night we had a baked ziti for dinner. Logan was in his chair and he said, "Noodles....? I DOOO!" Meaning who likes noodles? I do! It was funny.
Then on Monday Nate made an astounding observation to him..."Mom," he said, "You are just a big girl." Well, yes I am Nate. It cracked me up. He'd been around his cousins all weekend and I think he realized that I was like the girls. I am the ONLY girl in this house, so this was an important discovery.
Just last I took the boys to Pizza Hut. They LOVE Pizza Hut. Robbie was gone helping Justin with LOTOJA, so I was by myself. Carson noticed across the restaurant that there was an older couple with a coffee pot on their table. He said...in a not very quiet voice, " Mom. Mom. Those people have a coffee pitcher on their table." I see that, Carson. "Mom. Mom.They are breaking the commandments. It is following Satan if you drink coffee. Mom following Satan is NOT following Heavenly Father." Carson, Maybe they don't know about Heavenly Father. King Benjamin says we should teach those who don't know about Heavenly Father about him. "Then I am going to go tell them right now." No you aren't...sit down. That boy is funny. We've been reading in the scriptures about King Benjamin, so I knew he would relate. I didn't know that he would really want to act. I should be more like him.
I wish that I could remember more. It is the little things like this that make me love being home with these funny little boys. Every day that they grow bigger and bigger makes me sad. Carson and Nate have promised me that they will always sit on my lap and snuggle me. I hope they remember this when they are 15 and I am the dumbest person in the world to them. No matter what they think of me, one thing they will always know is that no one loves them more than their mother!
No comments:
Post a Comment