Saturday, September 11, 2010

Oregon Part 2

SO, back to our Oregon trip. After such a fun day at the beach, we headed home for yummy Thai food for Shelley's birthday. Then, the next day was Jeremy's farewell. it was so neat to hear him speak. He did such a good job. I don't remember being that spiritual at age 19...I guess I got my wake up call a year later when my mom got diagnosed. We all have to learn our own way. He is going to do great in Chile.
On Monday, we went back to the coast. I wish we would have had 2 weeks to spent. A few days was definitely not enough. I guess we'll just have to go back. We went down to Lincoln City and another place that I can't remember the name. Some day I might get my memory back. We headed to the aquarium there. The boys really liked it, especially Logan. He was running from tank to tank saying, "Pish. Pish. Pish." They had a neat little touching pool with anemones starfish, sea cucumbers...stuff like that. My big boys are such chickens! They wouldn't touch anything. They are so funny...so rough and rowdy, yet such big chickens. Carson wanted to see the sharks so bad. He almost had a hard time enjoying anything else because he just wanted to see sharks. Sometime that kid is so persistent...aaahhhh!




After the aquarium, we went to lunch at this yummy sea food place called Mo's. I will say that I don't really LOVE seafood. But, the fish and chips I got were do die for! It was yummy. It was so cute. The boys cups came out with sharks on the straws. That was right  up their ally.




After that it was off  to Lincoln City to see the beach there. The beach was pretty. There were sea lions diving all over. It was neat to see, but it was so windy and cold. Kids it seems are immune to that, but we adults were having a hard time enjoying ourselves. It did not help that my sciatic nerve was KILLING me in my back. I almost couldn't walk by the time we got home. Yikes. Here is Carson, Nate, Logan and me walking along the beach. It was kind of a cove so the water wasn't coming in and out like it did at the other one. There was no wave chasing this day.
So, we left the beach tired and a little sad because of the weather. Robbie's parents were riding with us in the suburban and Robbie said, "Too bad we can't find some good chips and salsa..." Well, that was the bait. Keith took it hook, line, and sinker. We found a yummy Mexican restaurant. Nothing like chips and salsa to lift a Wayment's spirits. Robbie was a proud daddy when he found Logan drinking salsa right  from the bowl. Some day our kids may have some manners, but when it comes to Mexican food, they are crazy! They love the spicy salsa sooooo much. This picture Robbie took on his phone cracks me up. Drinking right from the bowl...
Because we weren't stuffed enough, we stopped and bought salt water taffy. YUM! Then on the way home, Keith treated us to Dairy Queen. I was sick. I could only eat about 4 bites of my blizzard. We ended up having such a fun day together.

After a good nights sleep, we headed home. It was a LONG drive. The kids were so good. We had our nephew Jared with us. He was such a good easy going kid. About a hour outside of Portland is this really pretty waterfall. I have no idea what the name of it is. We stopped there to stretch our legs...and so I didn't pee my pants in the car. I RAN to the bathroom. It was a close call. There is no telling when this little baby is going to push on my bladder. Thanks kid!

Anyway, the waterfall is beautiful. It is like 600 feet. Then there is a little hike you can do to make it up to the top. Robbie took the boys and hiked up the the bridge half way up. Carson, of course, ran ahead and was in such a hurry. He is a busy one. Logan and I stayed down at the ground. He had no shoes so we waited for all the others.

There Carson is running ahead...too busy for a picture
The three boys...I think Jared looks like Robbie could be his dad.
My cute hubby on the bridge
Love these brothers
There Logan and I are...the tiny spec with the even smaller spec on my shoulders next to the stroller spec.
The ride home was great. We dropped Jared off in Meridian, had a very nice dinner with their family. Then it was Rupert or bust! About a half an hour outside Rupert, Logan had finally had it. He cried the rest of the way home. He was just acting how I felt. We were ready to be home.

It was such a fun trip. Brent and Shelley were great hosts. It was so neat to be in their home seeing how they live. I tried my first golden raspberry there. MMMMM!!! They have lived there I think about six years. We had never been to see them. Of couse, for a few of those, we lived half way across America. The kids have still been talking about their trip to Oregon. We will have to go back. Soon.

1 comment:

Elise said...

I think I know the name of that falls but I am not going to attempt to spell it. It is beautiful. I had to laugh at cute little Nate drinking the salsa, ♥ it!