Wednesday, November 19, 2008
The Peace Offering
This morning while I was laying in bed, Nathan and Carson woke up and came and got in bed with me. I told Carson that I had a doctors appointment today and that he and Nate would be going to Grandma's for a while. He was so excited. He thought that meant that our baby was coming. I explained that he would not be here until after Christmas. He rubbed my tummy and started whispering to the baby. The only thing I could hear was, "I love you, little baby. I really love you." So cute. Nathan was watching all of this transpire, and he started patting my tummy saying, " Baby. Baby. Baby." Then he stopped and I could tell that he was thinking. He picked up his prize posession...his blankey and placed it gently on my tummy. No one gets to use the blankey, so I am assuming that this is a peace offering to his new baby brother. Hopefully it means that Nate will be kinder to him than Carson is to Nate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Courtney! Three little boys will be so much fun! I really hope the house gets done before the baby. We are expecting our 4th (and last) baby in April....wow, four kids! Love to check in on ya!
~Amber Lowder
That is the sweetest story ever. He really was giving the new baby a little present. They're so intuitive. I'm convinced they understand so much more than we could ever imagine.
Post a Comment