I was going to post the pictures from Nathan's birthday, but something a bit more interesting happened yesterday...I was trying to be a good mommy and make a cd of all the songs for the primary program so that we could listen to them and remember them. Nate and Carson were downstairs playing when Carson came running up the stairs screaming like I have never heard him scream.
Carson: AAAHHHH!!! My mouth! That sharp screw is hurting my mouth!
Me: What sharp screw? Spit it out.
Carson: That sharp screw is poking my mouth! That sharp screw that Grandpa used to put my train table together...it is poking my mouth!
Me: (I do not see a sharp screw in his mouth) Where is the sharp screw? Did you swallow it?
Carson: (hysterical) No.
Me. Did you swallow it?
Carson: NO
Me: Carson, tell the truth...DID YOU SWALLOW THE SHARP SCREW?
Carson: (still hysterical and now having a complete melt down/freak out) YES, it is scratching my throat and going into my tummy!
Me: (semi worried) I will call Grandpa Wayment...
Conclusion: Keith said that it should pass just fine. He's seen pennies, nickles, dimes, quarters, nails, open safety pins, and yes, screws pass just fine. There is a risk of it sticking in his appendix and then he'd need that removed. In the mean time, it is my job to make sure it comes out. SO, I am so lucky to get to sort through his poo every time he goes. I did have Robbie bring home some gloves from the office so that I don't have to use my bare hands. Sick. Plus, have you ever heard someone pray for someone else to poop a screw out. It is pretty funny. I am sure that this is not the last foreign object injested that we will deal with...for heaven's sake, we have 3 boys. I am sure it is bound to happen again. His little throat is scratchy and sore. I hope it doesn't hurt as bad coming out as it did going in!
4 comments:
Ouch!!! Hopefully I will have better luck with mostly girls, and by now I sure hope Bridger is old enough to know not to sallow foriegn objects!
Good Luck!
LOVE that he denies swallowing the screw until you tell him to tell the truth! I am really terrified for Parker to grow up and see what kind of stress he will give me :)
Good luck with the 'inspection' duty! :)
Oh my gosh! This made my whole day :)
Oh, I am laughing so hard! What a story. I love little boys! Glad it came out ok!
Post a Comment