Tuesday, March 3, 2009

2 weeks old and still adjusting

Logan is 2 weeks old now. He is such a sweet little baby. I love having a new baby in our home. It helps me to realize that heaven is close by. The first week was a little rough with our whole family being sick, but we have bounced back and things are getting back to normal.


We have had a lot of visitors. The most unexpected was my Grandma Johnson (my mom's mom). My uncle Jack brought her over. It was so neat to hear her perspective on raising boys and to see her loving mine. If I can be half the mother that she is, I will consider myself a very successful mother.
A new baby has not come with out any hick ups in our little family. Nathan has sucked his thumb more in the last 2 weeks than he has in a long time. Carson has been a little naughty. The other day Robbie was gone home teaching. Carson had taken one of my dad's construction pencils and colored all over one of our tables. We had already talked about doing this the day before (it happened then too). I was not happy about this. I told him since he wasn't nice to my things that I wouldn't be nice to his. I gathered up all is cars from the movie Cars and put them in a garbage sack. Then I took them to the garbage (actually put them in a bag on the front step). He cried and cried. I might be a mean mom, but I got my point across. He did get them back the next day. We've had a few little things like that happen, but for them most part it has been fine.
A look at the little bath tub buddies. My favorite part of the day is in the morning. I wake up to 3 little boys in bed with me...all wanting to snuggle. Then after Robbie heads for work, it is bath time. Nothing is cuter than clean kids wrapped in towels.
This is what rolls on a 9+lbs baby look like at 2 weeks. So cute!

6 comments:

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

I loved your grandma growing while we were growing up! That picture brought back good memories.
I love holding my kids all wrapped up in a towel after bath time. They are always so snuggly then. At least your kids have a reason they are being naughty...mine seem to just be a naughty for no good reason some times!

Clyde Family said...

Sorry i missed your call i will call you in the next couple of days. that new little one is so cute and you stole my name. it is good to hear from you and i can't wait to catch up. miss you

Prudent Family said...

He is adorable!!! And no you aren't a mean mom. I completely understand having to do that sometimes. If it works then sometimes you just need to do it. Boys will be boys!!!

Anonymous said...

he is so cute...how fun to have a new little baby around the house again!! congrats again...what 3 adorable little boys you have!! :)

Emily Wilson said...

Court, he is so adorable. I can't wait to see him. I am going to have to make a trip to Idaho soon!

Natalie said...

Yes Woo! Let's plan the trip to spud-town sometime soon! (But not too soon Court - Just whenever you're ready for more visitors!) Your little boys are too cute. Miss you.