Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm not sure this is what I signed up for...

As a mother, some experiences that I have I never expected...such as

-Having my 4 year old bring a semi trailer and a for to me in the shower asking me to remove the cow he got stuck in it.

-Having my 2 year old paralyzed by an aunt pile...Carson came in frantically saying that Nate was in big trouble. My heart sunk...I was expecting that he'd fallen in the canal or something. He had 5 aunts crawling on his legs.

-Having wrestling matches in my new house in my new family room...I guess that is not so bad...it is the near misses of the head on the corner of my fire place that freak me out.
These boys...let's just say that a dirt yard and boys is NOT a good combo. The water faucet is too tempting. After about 25 dirt/mud balls stuck to my house, I found my boys like this:


It was too late when I found them, so they had a morning of playing in the mud and having fun. There was so much dirt that I had to strip them naked and wash them down on the front porch. Then I laundered their jammies that they had on...my lint trap was full of dirt. I pulled it out and dirt spilled everywhere.
Sometimes I feel like this is not what I signed up for, BUT then something like this happens...



Carson tells me that even if we have a sister someday that I will always be the princess. Nate tells me thank you for making him bakini for lunch (zucchini). Logan smiles kisses my face...aka slimes me with slobber. Then I realize this is EXACTLY what I signed up for.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I think the same things some days! My little brookie had lice last week, let me just say, I did NOT sign up for that. But yes, it is the times when they are all calm and sweet, it is the best. Your boys are all so sweet

Natalie said...

So sweet! Court, you're such a good mom. You have such good boys. And they are SUCH BOYS, aren't they?