Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thanks mom...

Yesterday when we had our little accident, Carson was so brave. He held very still. I didn't cry, but Robbie said that I was crying out my forehead. My shock reaction was sweating. While Carson was getting stitched up, I could hear my mom's voice in my head talking about when Brandon had Leukemia and had to get spinal taps and all kinds of yucky things. She said that the doctors were amazed at how brave he was and that it was a direct result of my mom keeping herself together. I don't know if I was very brave, but I didn't fall apart. It was nice to hear a familiar voice give me advice on how to handle myself. I guess even though she is not here, she is still mothering me. Thanks mom!

There is nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby. I just HAD to put this on here.

If anyone has advice on how to treat scars, let me know...I would like it to be minimal, but scars are manly and give character, right? that is what I keep telling myself.

6 comments:

Haley said...

You've gotta love that Elaine - taking care of you still. You have brought tears to my eyes. I would expect nothing less of you or her being brave (and singing church songs) while your sons go through something scary and painful. You are both wonderful women I admire! Poor little Carson. Although I'm a little surprised that he's 4 and hasn't had stitches yet. I mean come on...we both know that kid and his rambunctious, endless energy. He's made it quite a while in one piece!!

The Bailey's said...

oh shoot court. Yeah that was pretty big. Hey make sure you put sun block on it and mederma does work. You have to be completely faithful with BOTH. GIve him kisses from us.

Alisha Wilkins said...

That is going to be one good sized scar! Wowza! Poor kid! No advice on scars....you are the one that told me to put sunblock on Parker! :)

Emily Wilson said...

Court I have to agree with Haley...you brought a couple tears to my eyes. Your mom was one of the strongest women I ever met...and you are just like her!!! Poor Carson...but jsut think of all the memories he is making. I still talk about when I had to get stitches on my forehead and then three days later fell down and split it open again! He will love his battle wound stories. Love you guys!

Natalie said...

Same here - tears in my eyes as I type this! You are so strong, and your kids follow your example as you are following your mom's example. Sounds like you've got a guardian angel full-time.

Cobilynn said...

I follow everyone else with the inspiration you've written. Poor kid. It's tough to me a mom. My Bela has split her head open twice and it is amazing how they heal. Mederma is a good lotion type medicine that will reduce the scaring. Again make sure you put sunscreen on it for a long time of course just when you are in the sun.