Friday, August 14, 2009
I did it!
I can't believe it...I accomplished a goal I set out to do. Our stake pres about 3 mo ago issued a fitness challenge. There was a 5k walk/run or a 10 k run. I had a 3 mo old baby.I decided that I could start training for the 5 k run. This was a huge deal for me. I have not regularly exercised since well, if I am honest, high school. Of course there have been the spurts after having a baby, but nothing consistant. WELL, I decided to run the 5k. I got online and found a training program called "from couch to 5 k in 8 weeks". It was so awesome. Not too hard, but pushed me just the right amount. 3 weeks before my 5k race, my friend talked me into doing the 10k. I was not too sure I could do it. 2 Weeks before I ran 4 miles then 4.8. The monday before I ran 6. Then it was race day. It was freezing...50 degrees on Aug 8. Crazy. Anyway, I DID IT! I couldn't believe it. I am not very fast. It took me an hour and 33 seconds. It felt so good to accomplish a goal. 6 miles is a LONG way for me! It was neat at the finish line to see my cute husband cheering me on. Robbie has been so supportive. He is so helpful to watch the kids so that I could do this. I don't have any pics...and open water bottle in my diaper bag with my camera at the bottom...need I say more? It was so fun though! During breakfast, my cute little Nate said, "You are a good racer mom." It was just what I needed to hear! Who knows what the future has is store...I think I have been bit by the running bug.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Courtney I am so proud of you. What a great accomplishment! Horray!!!
Holy cow - you ROCK! You are my inspiration. Do you think maybe I could run a 5k? Let's not get carried away with the 10...
Sweet!! I will never do a 10K that is for sure. I will stick with the 5K's! Are you still planning to do the one in Boise? I haven't heard when it is. I am still contemplating it. Let me know if you have any info on it. Again SUPER GREAT JOB!!!! :)
Post a Comment