Wednesday, September 2, 2009
A mother's heart...
I learned today that there is nothing to prick a mother's heart like the first day of school. I know that it is just preschool, but I feel like this is the start of the end of my time with my little boy. It just gets more and more busy from here. It went just like we rehearsed...walk to the door...hang up back pack...give mom a hug and kiss...then mom is out. THEN the unrehearsed part...the tears I was choking back on the way to the car. Nate kept saying, "Where's Cars...I want to be 4 so that I can go to school." This has been a big week for our family. Carson and school, Nate is now potty trained (he was WAY easier than his brother was), and Logan is scooting everywhere. I feel like life is in fast forward. BOOO HOOO! As I write this, I can think of one day that I dreaded worse than this, and that is the MTC. Good thing we still have 15 years to prepare for that one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hey! I got Alisha's blog adn then linked to yours. So fun! see ya Sunday.
Erin Larsen
oh man! I know how you feel! Kylee started Kindergarten 2 weeks ago and I cried like a baby after she left!! She was so excited and so ready, and it was a good thing I wore sunglasses so she wouldn't see me tearing up!! Its hard watching our babies grow up!!
That makes me sad :( I also feel like life is going way too fast, but I judge that by the fact that you have three kids and one in preschool. I have a lot of catching up to do...SLOW DOWN!!!! :)
Ok, so pre-school didn't phase me. kindergarten, I was sad, but didn't shed any tears. First grade wow!!! Last week that first day was so hard for me! He is gone all day long. When I dropped him off my eyes were brimming with tears and Zach was more than ready for me to leave. It is crazy how fast time flies. It gets easier with your second. At least for me. Brooklyn starts preschool next week and I cannot wait!!!! Maybe it's just her, but seriously, she needs the space and so do I!!!
Dang, he's growing up fast. It's crazy how life speeds by. You're doing a great job though, that I know.
oh we are two peas in a pod. Yeah I am right there with you. I am feeling better today however. Didnt cry when I dropped her off. makray and I have had a blast reading books, eating watermelon and playing in Josi's room.
So I guess you wouldn't recommend boarding school on the East Coast? Cause that is my new plan for our little guys.
-Brig
Post a Comment