Yesterday, we were coming back from a fun day in Twin Falls. We spent the day with my sister in law, Heather, then had the most expensive trip to Costco (with out buying something like a computer) EVER, then went to a small local toy store and then we were on our way home...so I thought.
We were running late. I thought that Robbie would beat us home, so we were in a hurry. When, of course, 2 minutes after leaving the toy store, Nate says, " Mom I have to go pee pee!" Then Carson says, "MOOOOOOM, POOOOOOOOP....RIGHT NOW!"
We are close to the canyon where there is a visiters center and sort of a rest area, so we stopped there. Much to out dismay, the bathrooms were closed for winter! Carson started freaking out. What is the saying? Necesity brings inventiveness (totally slaughtered it, but you get the idea). So, I found an empty water bottle...that took care of Nate. But what for Carson? Luckily, I had just spent my grocery budget for the whole month and had a box of milk. I emptied the box out and had Carson sit down... Nothing like #2 in a cardboard box. It did the trick, though.
What did I do with the box, you ask. Put it back in the car and threw it away when I got home. Robbie was astounded by this. I wasn't going to leave it there. At the end of this potty trip, I just had to shake my head and laugh...PLUS, Logan was stinky when we got home!
8 comments:
That is hilarious! I can't believe you were so level headed about it. I would have been freaking out - running into stores and such. I think the saying goes "necessity is the mother of invention."
Your boys crack me up! I don't think my boys would have used the cardboard box toilet...well maybe. ;) Very good quick thinking by the way.
Well, for the record, the reason I was freakin out was cause the pooh got to ride inside the car all the way home uncovered.......different than being wrapped up inside a diaper. We'll be the only ones riding around Rupert in the winter with our windows down just to get rid of the smell. hahaha
oh girl you crack me up...you are creative and smart...so funny. Stressful but funny. And I am so PROUD of you for almost reaching your goal. You are awesome!
That is too funny! I once put a diaper on Bridger so he could go #2 He was probably 5 or so and still talks about how awful that was!
You are like wonder woman! Never a dull moment at your house. You are better than me I would have had them both go in a bush and called it good. They will need the practice anyways if they are going to be real Idaho men ;0
Nice job Courtney!! We've had many moments like that. Boys are great with the "water-bottle-trick"! I haven't figured out anything for Maya in a potty emergency.
Court, how are you? I found your blog from Nicole! How are things? Your boys are so cute! Email me so we can catch up!
Kelli
Post a Comment