I have been painting Carson and Nate's room. I made them cute quilts, had my design friend come and choose paints. We decided to go with a cute blueish/greyish color on 3 walls and then a darker version of that on the last one...not quite navy, but pretty dark. WELL, all the painting was done except that last wall.
I only needed a quart of paint (than goodness). I was half way done, when I hear a commotion. Robbie had been helping me and he turned around in time to think that maybe Carson was going to knock the paint off the table it was on. TOO LATE...about 3/4 of a quart of paint was all over my brand new carpet. This was the icing on the cake to my week...near death electricution...a mean, mouthy 4 year old that broke an egg all over his matress...now my carpet.
It was not my most shining moment as a mother when I yelled at him and told him mulitple times to get away from me, that I did not want to see his face, and that I could just kill him for what he'd done. I exploded...which now, I am not very proud of. I felt very bad when my cute little 2 year old bawled, "MOM, please don't kill Carson. Don't kill my brother."
Luckily (or maybe unluckily), my brother had a similar situation at his house. He said to get a shampooer and until then, do not let it dry. So, off Robbie went to rent a carpet shampooer. I stayed home, which probably was not a good choice. I just got more and more mad as I cleaned. I scooped up the puddles with my spatula and put it back in the paint can. Then I wiped with paper towels. Then it was the pour water and sop it up with a bath towel technique. This was pretty effective. Every towel in my house now has blue stains. By the time Robbie got back, I thought that maybe I could live with the spot. But, I was still steaming. We then used the shampooer for an hour or so and MIRACLE...it all came out.
I finished painting. I had about a tablespoon left over. I guess it was a good lesson for me...Stuff is just that...stuff. Was it worth it to lose it and yell such mean things at my 4 year old? I wish I could say whole heartedly no. I was really mad. I guess I could have toned it down a little though. Maybe I should have said that I was really mad or that he was in trouble...but kill you...that was a little drastic...not my proudest moment, for sure. When my dad built our house , he told me many times that there was nothing these boys can do that he couldn't fix. I should find comfort in that, but is seems like they are challenging him...just trying to prove him wrong.
5 comments:
i'm so glad it all came out. I'm also glad I'm not the only one that has "not so proud" mommy moments. And if you ever need a break, or need to finish a project, please call and your boys can come over here.
I have already shared this with many friends. I love that I can get on your blog and get great stories to share.
wow all your posts are situations in which my blood would be boiling as well. I prob would have beat my child....so A+ for not beating him with the spatula. but as I read I just kept laughing. especially when little Natey said "dont kill Carson" oh boy...wow I cant believe all the paint came out either...that is amazing!
I think we ALL have had those moments that we are not proud of. I myself have had many ;) I am excited to see these rooms, they sound cute!
I cannot get enough of your amusing stories about your boys. Maybe amusing isn't exactly the right word...
maddening?
Terrifying?
Absolutely hilarious?
Definitely endearing.
love you and all your boys.
Post a Comment