My birthday is November 12. I told Robbie that I feel like it is the gateway to the holiday season. It makes me so happy. I love to be with family and friends. It never ceases to amaze me the limitless love that we are able to feel…no matter how many people we love, there is still room for more.
We hosted Thanksgiving this year for the Wayment family. I am not sure on the exact number, but we had 30+ people over. It was really fun. All the family was here, but Jodi and her family, who are in Memphis for school. We missed you, girl!
The festivities kicked off with killer fish tacos made by Robbie's older brother Andy. Then there was the late showing of New Moon…Jacob is so dreamy…I think I can say that…I was 17 once. Then a late night trip to Wal-Mart and home at 1:30am.
I love cooking Thanksgiving dinner. It takes me on a trip down memory lane of Thanksgivings past. I spent countless hours in the kitchen with my mom making dinner. It amazes me how patient she was, to have a little girl be her shadow and slow her down…but, to me it was priceless. SO, this was for you, mom. I cooked 2 turkeys, homemade stuffing, gravy, green bean casserole, pretzel salad, homemade rolls, and 5 pies. Everyone brought a side and a dessert. It was a feast!
The business and fun took its toll on little Nate. He crawled up on Robbie's lap and fell asleep. He napped for 4 hours. But, he woke up in time for pie!
Robbie's parents
After dinner, we headed to Idaho Falls for the Black Friday festivities.
Carson was resting up for fun with the Jackson cousins. He looks like he has a broken neck. Good thing he got some sleep, because there was not much to be had by the girls. We got some good deals, and did not go to bed. To some this may sound crazy, but to me it is so fun!
Then, we returned home about 3 o clock Saturday (in time for the BYU-Utah game, of course). We were just in time to do a quick Christmas makeover on our house and have the Wayment family Christmas party. Heather (long brown hair) was in charge. We had Christmas breakfast for dinner. The food was fabulous. There was crème brule French toast, egg and hash brown casserole, orange rolls, breakfast meats, all kinds of fruit, hot chocolate…Delish! We had the same 30+ crowd of people. It was so fun. We even had a special visitor…
Logan was not too fond of this visitor…
It was a fun holiday weekend. There is always a letdown when everyone goes home. We love and miss you all…let's do it again soon!
5 comments:
oh that looks so fun....hard not be there for the annual Christmas party...sounds so yummy too! Love the pictures of all the kids...cant believe how much older they all look in just 6 months...wow...miss you guys!
Oh it looks like so much fun. You are so much like your mom. It fun to see. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and i am so glad we are back in touch. Oh you look good too. tell me your trick..
Wow!...talk about a marathon. It sounds like you had a blast. What great holiday traditions. You are such a great cook...I bet you put everyone in a food comma...sounds wonderful! Hope your holidays continue to be happy ;)
Can I come to the next Wayment party? That sounds like the best weekend. I need one of those fish tacos now. I better tell Andy he is needed in Logan. Happy Holiday's you guys. Love your guts!! Lisa
It looked like you guys had a great time. I still have only been shopping once on black Friday. I think I just value my sleep way to much.
Your mom would be so proud of your cooking! It all looked and sounded so yummy!
Post a Comment