Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Holidays are Over…

On Christmas day, I heard a whisper at about 6. "Court, are you awake?" I am now. Then a few minutes later… "Court, I hear Logan…" Go get him. Logan woke up at about 6:30. Robbie had been awake off and on all night. He was too excited. At 7, we'd be up about a half hour and decided to wake up the big boys. They were so excited. Mostly, they loved the candy. Maybe that is all Santa will bring next year. He could save a lot of money.





NEVER AGAIN! Santa brought the kids nerds…What was he thinking? They both ripped open the box and poured them all over the floor. Logan was happy…it was an all you can eat buffet for him.



We had Robbie's parents over for breakfast and also had the missionaries. It was yummy…I always love Christmas breakfast…hot chocolate, orange juice, yummy egg/sausage casserole, crème brule French toast, fruit…YUM! After breakfast, we played Hungry Hippos and Cootie bug with the missionaries…they stayed for 3 hours! Finally, a little after 12, Robbie said, "Isn't it time to go call your moms?" Trust me, it was. Christmas day was pretty relaxing. Naps, games, movies…we loved it. It was just the way Christmas should be.

New Years, we went back to my dad's house. We, again, had a feast of Prime Rib, coconut shrimp, and hot wings. YUM! Our holidays are all about the food. I consider myself successful…I only gained 3 pounds during the holidays…ya….the week of Christmas and New Years! Yikes. Anyway, we went to bed early on New Year's Eve, and then on New Year's Day, we stayed up late and had a rowdy game of hearts with Marsha and my dad. We laughed so hard, I almost peed my pants about 4 times.

Now that the holidays are over, I do feel a little sad. I love seeing family and have fun with them. Why do we wait until Christmas to make things special? Meals, extra time spent together, doing thoughtful things? Maybe, my lesson learned this year is that time with my loved ones should be spent in abundance, not sparingly. The house work will wait…the relationship won't. I want to do better at this throughout the year this year.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

What a fantastic lesson learned! You are so right too. I loved this post.