Why is it that I can spend hours cooking a fabulous meal and my baby won't eat it? But a few minutes later he is eating a Crayon? Go figure...
That leads me to my next question...why do babies grow up so fast? When I was pregnant with Logan, it seemed like my pregnancy lasted about 3 years. Now only 11 months later (which seemed like a blink), he has turned into "one of them". Let me explain what this means.
When I found out that we were having our third boy in about 3 and 1/2 years, I was fine. In fact, I was excited. I love my little boys. I had just found out that Logan was a boy when I had one of those days...the type that make you wonder if anyone survives being a mom. It was on this day that I said to my dad, "I don't know if I can have another baby boy." He asked why. I responded, "It is like Heavenly Father tricks us. He sends us a sweet little baby. But, dad,he is going to turn into one of them." I could only think of the chaos he would add to our already crazy home.
Not long after this incident, my brother told me that he figured out who Carson and Nate reminded him of…Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Dr Seuss's The Cat in the Hat. He said that I better hope that this new baby was NOT Thing 3. I was hoping for a fish in the pot…that would keep a watch over the other two and tattle tell.
No such luck. Sometimes he doesn't want to nap. He doesn't want to eat (unless, of course, it is Crayon or some dried up piece of food he found on the floor). He enjoys shoving popcorn in by the handful, spilling it everywhere. He pulls all the toys out. He pulls all my Ziplocs out. He throws hand fulls of flour all over...the list could go on and on. Good bye to my sweet little baby. Now it is official...HE'S ONE OF THEM/THING 3! YIKES!
6 comments:
oh seriously...he is so cute..even if he is thing 3...he is just too cute! I wish I could see him...
oh, but he is adorable. Every week when he starts fussing in RS I think "If I were sitting by her I would hold him for you for a while." But I'm so far away.
Even if he is thing 3 he is super cute one...I'd take him anyday!! I love the popcorn picture!!!
We need to get together!!!
But he is the cutest Thing 3 I have ever seen!
thanks for you comment. made me feel much better. :)
Amen to Emily Woo. Cutest little thing I've ever seen! And it was so much fun playing with your boys last weekend. Again soon please.
Post a Comment