I can't even say his name with out smiling. He is reaching such a fun time in his life. He is a lot more quiet than his older brother, so the spotlight seldom falls on him. He has been changing so much and cracking me up lately.
The other day I went visiting teaching. Afterward, we planned on going to our fun little Rupert pool with the kids. When I walked in the door, Robbie had already dressed the big boys. It was easy he said. There were no fights or anything. BUT, the first thing I heard when I came in the door from Nate was, "Look at this UGLY swimming suit my dad is making me wear." It was Carson's old one. Nate has some new ones but Robbie couldn't find them (in the drawer). I said, "Nate, it is fine." "No it is not. Look at this UGLY swimming suit my dad is making me wear." He is pretty easy going, so I knew we'd better change. This was also the Wayment Family's first squabble over what to wear. That is how it goes with boys...they don't usually care.
My little boys love the Planet Earth DVDs. They learn so much. So, the other day while I was folding laundry, we watched one. Nate said, "What does droppings mean?" It means poop. "Gross. Those roaches are eating bat poop. Gross." Then later there were camels. "Mom, what are those called again?" Camels. "Caminals." No, Camels. "That is what I said...Caminals." OK. "Mom, are those captus sharp?" You mean CaCtus. "No, I mean caPtus...are they sharp?"
He is full of a million questions. His favorite thing to ask about are beetles. We have a bunch of big black ones living in one of our window wells. He and Carson spend hours shoveling dirt down the window well to kill the beetles. We now have a good 8 inches of dirt up our window. We tease him about beetles for breakfast. Beetles for snack. Anything beetles cracks him up.
Lastly, just this afternoon I was scratching my eye. I had my lower lid pulled down so that the pink part was showing. "Gross mom. Don't do that." Let me show you something Nate. Then I pulled his eyelids down and he ran strait to his dad to scare him. He thinks that is pretty funny.
It it these little moments of laughter and a million questions that I think, "How can these little boys grow up?" One of my favorite quotes is, "Young boys should never be sent to bed. They always wake up a day older." I find myself at these moments wishing they could stay little forever. Robbie gives me a hard time about still holding Carson on my lap at church. I say that it isn't going to last forever, so I'll take it while I can get it. Today I have felt the need to hug a little longer, listen a little better, and play a little more. Are my floors mopped? No. Is my bed made? No. It the laundry done? No. Are my kids growing right before my eyes? Yes. Do they know that their mom loves them more than anything? Yes. Then nothing else matters.
2 comments:
most fantastic post. love you!
oh NATER TOTS.....we miss you little buddy...so funny!
Post a Comment