Every year, Rupert has their fireworks for the Fourth of July on June 30. I know it is kind of strange, but I love it. They do this because then they don't have to compete with Burley's fire works, and it is opening day for food booths on the square. This is one of my favorite times to live in Rupert. The last few years, we've gone and sat on the lawn at the court house. The same people are always there. The kids run and play until show time. This year we had three of Scott and Heather's kids with us. That definitely added to the excitement. Chasing a very fast run away 4 year old while pregnant in front of the whole town is something I don't want to do again soon. The kids had fun. Why is it when the kids are having so much fun, the mom is a little crazy? However, it was all worth it when I looked back and saw this. So cute...little Nate's eyes are full of wonder. This was the first year that Carson's head wasn't under the blanket. Logan kept pointing and saying, "OOOOO!" That is one of the few things he says...we are still waiting for him to talk! 
Then on the real Fourth of July, we went to Idaho Falls and stayed with my dad. It was so much fun. We went to Black Tail Reservoir and jet skied, picnicked, and got sunburned...the worst sunburn I've had in years. I am attributing it to being pregnant. Maybe I should remember sunscreen for the mom next time...not just the kiddos. We had a fun day with our family. We were all so tired. Then we had a little scare.Carson had asked Robbie if he could ride home with Grandpa Bob. Robbie asked my dad. Then, neither of us saw him get into Grandpa's truck. My dad had left and Carson was missing. I was trying hard not to freak out. Marsha got in her car and drove fast and furious to catch Grandpa. There is not cell phone service up there. In the mean time, Robbie, my cousin Erica, and I all were looking so hard for him. I went into the bathroom there and said a fervent prayer to know if Carson was alright. My answer came quickly and clearly. I saw in my mind him tipped over sound asleep in the back of the truck. Several minutes later, Marsha was back. She said he was crashed in the back seat of the truck...just like I'd seen. No one had seen him get in. My dad was the only one who knew he was there. He had fallen asleep instantly, even before they had loaded the jet skis. That is why no one had seen him.
I am thankful the my prayer was heard and answered. I love that little boy. Heavenly Father knew that I would lose it if I didn't know where he was. That small vision was so comforting and such a blessing. I really felt blessed this Fourth to live in America and to be able to worship my Heavenly Father in the restored gospel. Now, that is worth fireworks, picnics, parades, and all the celebration!
No comments:
Post a Comment