Sunday, November 14, 2010

I guess 30 is not so bad...

What a good day it was! 30 is not so bad. I have such cute little family to thank...starting with Logan. He was awake at 5:45. I am sure it was just to wish me a happy birthday. Then Carson and Nate followed at 6. It was so cute to see their excited little faces. My husband surprised me with some very nice presents...hard to do when the wife is 9 months pregnant. I got some running gear and a cook book and CD of Christmas music...which I love. I always feel like my birthday is a gateway to the holidays...I love that feeling!

We picked out a yummy orange cranberry waffle to have for breakfast, turned on the Christmas music, and then I found out that Robbie had invited some friends over from our ward for a little party. He and the kids made cupcakes and a cake!


Here are the boys mixing away
 Look at that little face. It is hard to turn the mixer on just to #2 speed.
 I love this little baby boy. I can't believe in just a couple of weeks he won't be my little baby anymore!

After the cake making festivities, we got ready and were heading to lunch. Carson got hold of my camera. That is never good. We just got it a couple of months ago. He dropped it and it is now completely broken. But, on the bright side, this is a darling picture of Nate and his blue eyes!
I proceeded to tell him that a camera cost what 17 of his new rescue helicopters cost. I was very frustrated. I was remembering last year the day after my birthday and the paint on our carpet...it turned out OK, but was not my best moment. I thought, "Does this little boy want to sabotage my birthday every year, or what?" Then I realized that I was making way too big of deal out of this. So, off we went to Stevo's. YUM.

Then I had a nice long nap. That was good considering that my day started off so early. Robbie's parents came for a visit, and then we all got up and got ready for the par-tay as Nate calls it. I only had to count down every 2 minutes from 5:30. Our friends were coming at 7. We had such a fun time. Everyone was so nice and it was fun to visit. The kids played down stairs. Kids love and unfinished basement. Now I know why.

After everyone left, we went to see the "damage". WOA! The kids had a battle and there were plastic Easter eggs everywhere. Apparently they ran out of those to throw, so they got out a bag of water softener pellets and threw those. They had also disassembled Robbie's trekking poles and used them for swords. That is not so safe. BUT, they had a lot of fun! As we cleaned up for 2 hours strait on Saturday morning, I asked the boys if it was worth it. They both answered a very clear, firm, excited, "YES!!!!"

I agree. It was fun to have a house full of friends to share turning 30 with. So far, 30 has been pretty good. Carson reminded me that morning that I will never have twenty in my age again. Thanks Cars. Then Nate asked, "Mom, how old are you, 21?" My answer...Yes Nate. 21. I am sure that I will forever feel that way! 

1 comment:

Erin L said...

Happy Birthday!!! I wish we were there to celebrate with you.