I am not sure why, but with this little guy, we were on pins and needles for a few weeks before he came. Robbie particularly was stressed about getting to the hospital. It is about 25 minutes away, but the snow could have seriously complicated things. Every time I moved or got up to use the bathroom, Robbie would say, "You OK?" in an urgent way. I appreciated his concern, but man, he was worrying. Tuesday before Thanksgiving we got a terrible snow storm. Robbie had to close his office. We could barely get down our lane...country living. It snowed and mostly blew for the next few days. Our nephew Josh got married in Salt Lake on Saturday, so we were here all alone. Our family was gone and our friends were out doing Black Friday shopping, so we were praying for no baby.
Sunday the storm worsened. Church was cancelled. Robbie got stuck in our drive way. He called the Millers, a family he home teaches, to let them know that there was no church. Julie asked if we had our baby. Robbie told her no. She said to let them know if we needed help getting down the road to go to the hospital. Jesse is in charge of snow removal for the county. It was only a few minutes after Robbie got off the phone that the snow plow was down our road. It came a few times that day until 2. That put Robbie's mind a little at ease. But then he'd look out the window and through the field see at least one car slid off the road. The plows stopped at 2, but Jesse assured Robbie that the plows would be at our house by 6 the next morning.
The drifting snow was so bad in our driveway. Our wonderful friends, the Wilkins, called. Alisha sent Troy over around 5:30 to plow our driveway in his big tractor. What a blessing! The wind was dieing down and we went to bed.
We had to be to the hospital at 7:30. Troy showed up at 6:45 to make sure we could make it to the hospital. The plows had been down our road 3 times...as promised. I am not sure if I have ever said how much I love Rupert and the people here. This is a perfect example of why.
We made it to the hospital. Robbie breathed a huge sigh of relief. I was a little nervous. The doctor came in to check me and see my progress before starting me. To our surprise, little baby was laying transverse/breech. His head was in the upper left of my tummy and his bum in the lower right. The worry was back. SO, he had to be turned. OUCH! I just kept thinking that this was nothing compared to recovery from a c-section, so just tough it out. The doctor was dripping sweat, but he turned! The doctor wasn't gone 5 minutes when the ultrasound guy said that baby had moved right back. I wanted to cry. Once again, in came the doctor. Baby had shifted when I had gone to the bathroom a couple of minutes before. So, the turning wasn't SO bad this time. Then, while the PA student held his little bum in place, the doctor broke my water and put an monitor on baby's head. We were having a baby...NOT A C-SECTION...YEA!
Finally, I started pitocin at 10:30. At 3:30, I was still only a 4. The doctor said that maybe if I got an epidural things would hurry along. So at 3:45, I got an epidural. He was born at 5:17. The nurse said that she checked me and I was a 6 and 20 minutes later, he was here. So, I guess it did speed things along.
So so so HAPPY he is here!
Look at those tired eyes! He went to bed at 9:00 that night.
Grandma Marsha...patiently waited all day for him to come...meanwhile keeping Grandpa Bob in control. That is A JOB!
Grandpa Bob
Proud parents!
He is beautiful...perfect. I was so relieved to have him here. It is amazing that we have this unlimited capacity to love. I love him every bit as much as I love the other 3 that came along before him. He belongs. A few lessons were learned that day...like not to have things planned out in my mind how things "should" go. Another was that I learned was to be patient. Robbie and his dad gave me a blessing before I left for the hospital. It the blessing he blessed me with patience. I definitely felt the added measure of patience that day. The last was that the power of the priesthood is real. In the blessing, Robbie blessed that the doctors that would attend to me would be guided and helped to get this baby here safely. Later, Keith told me that in all his years of delivering a baby, he'd never been able to turn a transverse one. Turning one is definitely the exception, especially a transverse one. I think that Heavenly Father knew that I had 3 little ones at home that needed their mommy to recover quickly. The boys came to meet him the next day. They love him. Even little Logan. He says, "That my baby. I touch it."
Carson and Lukey...aka nicknames Little Dudey. Carson loves to hold him.
Nate loves to share his blankey with Luke. This is a BIG deal.
"I touch it." Funny little Logan. He really loves his brother and has shown way more interest in this baby than his brothers ever did in a baby.
So, now we are a family of 6...WOA!
Leaving the hospital...
Look at those sweet bright eyes. Good thing he is so cute otherwise I might lose my patience at 1am.
Logan wanted a "picture with baby." So, here it is. Look at the difference in size of these two. Just to think that only a week ago Logan was my little baby.
It has been so special being at home with these sweet 4 boys. I think of the band of brotherhood that we have in our family and I love it. They are all little best friends. I hope it stays that way. I just can't believe how lucky and blessed I am to be their mother!
12 comments:
I am so excited for you! He is a doll and I'm glad everything worked out well for you. Your boys sure our lucky to have you as a Mama, Court.
Congrats Courtney!! Four little boys, how fun! We are expecting our fourth baby in May. I will be finding out if it's a boy or girl in about a week.
He is such a cute little newborn! You guys make cute little kids. Good job.
Congrats! How exciting. Boys are awesome. As much as I want a girl, I'm not sure I'd know what to do with one. He is adorable.
What a sweet little guy! CONGRATS! :) I am so glad everything worked out okay. Ugh..talk about stressful! He sure is cute.
oh he is so cute...so good to see his pictures! your family is so cute!
another MHS quarterback I am sure. I am jealous of Rupert as well. Congrats Wayment family!
Well, Luke is most adorable. I am glad all things turned out well with you and the baby! Cute to see Robbie worry so much. If you need anything at all Court, Pinther's will be there for you and the family! And I think patients will come in handy with a family of boys!!! ;-)
Way to go guys! We love you and are so happy for Luke's safe arrival! Congrats!
Such a Cute post. I do feel blessed we live in Rupert, We get special treatment here I think. You are a wonderful, Mom love all the pictures and thoughts.
Thanks for the update, so fun to see what you guys are up to! 4th boy huh! Congrats! What a great looking bunch of boys. Darling family.
He is such a cutie he looks just like his brothers! Congratulations! We are so excited for you.
I cant wait to see you and your little 'party of 6' so soon! I am thrilled for you that the delivery went so well, all things considered! Your family is gorgeous. Love that little Luke! And Love you!
Post a Comment