I probably should do a post about Christmas full of pictures, but I am too tired. I am sure I will recall details of Christmas later. I just wanted to do a quick post about what life has been like since we had cute baby Luke.
For starters, this baby poops and pees with out his diaper on more than all 3 of our others combined. We are constantly washing clothes, beds, the couch...you name it, he's peed on it. Poor Robbie usually gets the worst of it, until Logan decided he liked to help change diapers. Lukey peed right in poor Logan's face. Poor little Logey...heartbroken. I have to admit, I had to laugh.
We are totally sleep deprived. Luke likes to sleep about 2 hours at a time. I was one of those when I had my first that let him cry it out. He was sleeping through the night by 6 weeks. Luke is 4 weeks...I can't stand the thoughts of him crying. I have turned into a softy, but I would like a little more sleep.
Carson has settled in as the biggest brother (who will always be the biggest brother...he'll tell you that) nicely. He is helpful with the other boys and the baby. He holds him leaning back, tummy to tummy, and says, "I'll get him in a deep sleep. Don't worry mom." Then he rubs his back and Luke sleeps. It is like magic.
Nate has had the hardest time. He's been a little teary. He must have some concern for me. He says in his prayers every night, "Please bless my mom that she will feel better." I think that means please bless my mom that she will get some sleep and be fun again. He also has wondered why he is the only one with blue eyes. He is wishing for brown. We tell him a hundred times a day that his blue eyes make him special.
Logan loves little Luke. He is soft to him. He wants to hold him. Most of all when I am nursing baby, Logan tries to climb under the cover or blanket and make a "tent" or "tunnel". It sure is fun trying to feed a baby with another one pulling and tugging and climbing. I am sure my boys have seen more nursing baby than they want to. I guess it is just preparing them for a mission to South America! HA!
Robbie moved out of our room for a while...I think 2 weeks. He and Logan were roomies. Turns out Logan is not a very quiet sleeper. He wakes up a few times per night. We never knew this...we are clear across the house. SO, with my permission to use them, Robbie with ear plugs moved back in with me. I am glad to have him back. The poor guy isn't sleeping any better. I never hear Luke. Robbie hears him (wearing ear plugs) and wakes me up. Thanks for the wake up!
I feel like 4 kids is a little busy. There has been so much to do...treats for preschool (of course they ask for homemade bread and jam), parties, presents to get, and of course the day to day tasks of raising 4 sons. I think for the first time in my life I forgot to eat breakfast today because I was just too busy with too many things on my mind. I feel like the last month has gone by in a blink...maybe it is because of no sleep. It is like I have lived one day that has lasted a month. Last week, I found myself a little teary. I was looking at my sweet little baby who has grown so much and it broke my heart. How come they grow so fast? It is not fair. I wish that I could hold each one of my sweet boys in my arms forever.
There is nothing I love more than these boys. I love the funny things they say. Like when we were in Salt Lake at a Mexican restaurant and the waiter was speaking a mix of English and Spanish and Carson turned to me and asked, "Mom, is that guy speaking Chinese?" Or when Nate scraped his arm and said, "Mom, I scraped this arm, now I can only battle with this one." Or Logan, that is the littlest, picks on his brothers and then says, "Shorry Cars...Shorry Nate." I love that Carson asked Santa for a "surprise" this year for Christmas. I love that Nate loved his ugly dragon soooo much. I love that Logan was so overwhelmed with Christmas that he went to the boys room and played with our old Lightening McQueen cars. He also LOVED the candy.
Unless you have a child of your very own, parenthood is impossible to understand. There is no love like it. I am so blessed that I have all these boys to love and I love that they love me. Carson told Robbie once, "Dad, we love mom most...but...we do like you." Robbie just smiles and says, "I know my place. It is OK." I know in the not too distant future our roles will reverse. I am OK with that. I just love where I am right now. This minute. Life is pretty great. But, I could use a little more sleep.
2 comments:
Great post! What a great family. Tell Robbie hello for me.
I can't wait to see that cute baby. That is the cutest story of Carson holding Luke, seems like he's taking the roll of big brother seriously.
Post a Comment