Friday, January 14, 2011

Catching up!

Since little Luke came along, I feel like all I do is play catch up...catch up the laundry (by the way, Carson informed me that their hamper is overflowing today), catch up on dishes, catch up with friends that I haven't had time to talk to, and now it is time to catch up this blog.

Before I had Luke, I was determined to keep all Christmas traditions the same. So, we started the 12 days of Christmas with the boys, but after the climatic trip to SLC, we didn't do as well. So, here are our few days of the 12 days of Christmas...

On the first day of Christmas for home evening, we did our Samuel the Lamanite Christmas story. With junk mail wadded up for rocks, Samuel stood on the back of the couch telling us the prophecies of the birth of the Savior. We threw rock at him...most missed, but a few hit our Samuel.

 Looks like one of the times a rock hit Samuel.
 Lukey was a sleepy little participant. It is not going to be long until he is right with his brothers throwing rocks.
 One of our activities was to attend our ward Christmas party. Carson was Joseph with Calista as Mary. It was so cute. We can only hope that this can be displayed on the table at their wedding!
After the Nativity, it was time for Santa! The boys LOVED him! Nate chased him down and hugged him. Logan went to him and wanted picked up.  I was always too scared so I am glad they like him.  
 Nate asking for his robot that transforms into an airplane, rocket ship, boat, race car, monster truck...you get the idea. Good luck with that Santa.
 Carson asking Santa for a surprise...what a good little boy. He makes Santa's job so easy.
 Carson with the goods given by Santa...yes, that is a whole 2 liter of pop and a big bag of candy. Thanks Santa! I think we still have some pop left.
 Next was our trip to Doc's Pizza. It a little restaurant on the square. It is one of the best pizza places I have ever eaten at. We love "Doc's Pizza Hut." Funny boys. I am certain it is not the pizza they love, but the arcade games. They weren't super happy to come eat dinner. They were busy "flying" airplanes and "driving" race cars. (I never gave them any quarters...mean...I know.)
 SO happy. He loved that racing game.
 After the pizza, we always take a stroll through the lights. I love the Nativity scene on the square. We look forward to seeing it. It is right across the street from Doc's.
 With our 2 and a half week old baby, we packed up and headed for SLC. With a stop at the suit shop to get Robbie a new suit behind us, we headed to the boys favorite place...Toys R Us!!!
 Then we went to the hotel and Robbie took the boys for a swim. After that it was time to meet up with Grandpa Bob and Grandma Marsha and head to David Archuletta with the MoTab. It was amazing. My cute cousin, Jessica, stayed in the hotel room with our 4 kids and her one. What a trooper.

 After a VERY sleepless night, Robbie, Grandma Marsha, and the kids headed to the pool again. Here is Carson under water.
 Logan loved this little puddle on the rim of the hot tub. He played there a lot.
 Here is Marsha trying not to get her hair wet...good luck with that! Carson loves to jump in and make big splashes.
 Taking it easy on the noodles. Right after this, Nate jumped in and couldn't touch. I was about to jump in when Carson came and helped his brother. It really wasn't too close of a call, but to Nate and Carson both it is "the time Carson saved Nate from drownding".
 When you have 4, it is hard to keep everyone sanitary. Gross Logie...good thing bacteria have a hard time staying alive on metal.
 The Monday before Christmas, we went to visit Grandma Great...my mom's mom. She wanted to meet Luke and had made a darling blanket for him. We took her dinner and had a nice visit.
 Carson in front of the Christmas village she puts up every year. The kids love it!
 Then we went to Idaho Falls on the day before Christmas Eve. We love Grandpa Bob's. Robbie likes going so that he can get his Christmas shopping finished. Luke had not met anyone in our family except Grandma and Grandpa, so this was fun. Here is Heather, Tucker, and Luke.
 The gift of the night was Taylor's choice in the game Marsha does. This cracks me up. Gotta love the dollar store hair piece. Could have gone to a better girl. FUNNY.
We had a very fun Christmas Eve. There were wonderful, thoughtful gifts given. Thanks to my brothers, all the boys in this family have a dart cross bow to shoot their mom with. And I, the mom, have a shirt with a target on my back. Thanks brothers. I think I still have welts from when I was a girl tanning in my back yard and getting shot. Our family also got an air hockey table from my dad and Marsha. They ALWAYS do too much. It is so fun to have. We gave my dad the gift of trying to get healthy...a body bug to track calories. So far he likes it.

We had a yummy dinner and lots of fun. We drove home late with an air hockey table strapped to our roof. We had 4 sleeping boys and lots to do when we got home. Next post is Christmas...it was a fun one!

I think I will forever be catching up!

No comments: