Today in church I looked down at my hands. They have a few burns on them. My mom always had burns from the oven on her arms. I couldn't understand why that would happen. Now that I have a herd of children to feed AND take care of, I understand. It is not just cooking food. It is cooking food with a baby at your ankles, a toddler needing his bum wiped, a bigger one mad cause his brother won't share, and the oldest not sharing just to hear the brother cry. Add in a little fatigue and that is how burns happen.
I also am having issues with names. I can't ever get the right one out. Logan corrects me all the time. He says, "Mom, you say Luke and Logan." or "Mom, you say Carson and Logan." He never lets it slide. I always hated it as a child that my mom called me Heatherrobertbrandoncourtney. I would just roll my eyes.
Probably the most annoying thing that my mom would do was carry around this big huge purse. It carried around every card ever issued to her or to any of us kids. Then we'd be shopping somewhere and they would need to see her ID. Well, of course she had to dig through all the cards and it was so embarrassing!!! Same thing with change...she would just need 11 cents. And she would find it buried in the bottom of that purse. Well, now I have a purse the size of a small suite case. I am constantly digging for cards and change that is buried under diapers, wipes, Lego men, trains, candy wrappers, and a whole lot of totally random stuff.
As I have grown into a mother of 4, I realize now that I should have been so much nicer to my mom and a whole lot less critical! Even in all my weaknesses, I am trying! HARD! I am figuring out that an unorganized wallet is ok if I have a few minutes to give a hug...or keep one of the boys from running out the door at the grocery store! I know my mom tried hard too. I am forever grateful that she gave me an amazing example of what a mother should be. I have my shameful moments, but overall, I think I am doing ok. I love my family more than anything, and if I start calling Luke Carsonnathanloganluke, it is ok!
No comments:
Post a Comment