Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Not So Happy New Year

We had such a fun New Years planned. Our plans were definitely derailed. Our neighbors were moving, so we had a going away party for them. We had about 60 people over for cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate. The Shawcroft kids got to our house with their dad and came in saying, "Our mom is home with Kinsley. She just threw up. They will be here in a minute." The party was fun. We had a great time. The party was on Thursday.

Early Saturday morning...more like the middle of the night, Logan started throwing up. It spread like wild fire. All the boys were sick on Saturday. Wilkins were blessing Paige on Sunday. I made all the food for the blessing on Saturday. We sprayed down every hard surface in this house. No one felt good so there was no going to Grandma's for a party. It was so sad. The kids all knew that there cousins were there, but they couldn't go play. Nathan felt good for most of the day. It hit him last. He kept saying, "This is the most boring day ever. I have no brothers to play with. This is not fun." It really was a sad day.

New Years day, I went to church. Robbie stayed home with the boys and we swapped during Sunday school. He had to teach his priesthood lesson. At church, I found out that half of our primary was sick! It didn't all come from our house. This apparently was going around bad in the community. I had been home from church only a few minutes when I started to get sick. Robbie walked in the door and went immediately to the bathroom. And that is how we spent our New Years day! YUCK. By this point the kids were better and just tore our house apart. I didn't even care. The only thing I could think of was, "It can only get better from here!" And it has!

No comments: