Sunday, January 15, 2012

Change is hard

Carson's teacher broke her leg in the summer. She has not been back to school yet. Now, Friday is his current teacher Mrs. Ball's last day and the new teacher will take over. 

He got in the car on Wednesday. He was quiet. I said, "Did you have a good day?" He said, " Not really. Mom,  Friday is going to be Mrs. Ball's last day." Then it was quiet again. I looked up and he was sobbing. Poor little boy. I tried to help him see that it was going to be ok. Miss Smith would do a great job. He likes Miss Smith, but there is just that bond with Mrs. Ball.

He told me that at school when he found out that his eyes filled up with water, but none of it fell on his cheeks. He didn't want to be made fun of for crying.

It just breaks my heart that there is something hurting inside him that I can't make better. This is definitely one of those growing pains that mothers experience. It is so hard. There is that quote that says, "Deciding to become a mother is to decided for the rest of your life to have your heart got walking around outside your body." So true. I know this is small in the big picture of life, but is hard, nonetheless. We'll make it, because the only thing constant in life is change! Carson has always been my one that doesn't do well with change...new babies, moving, changing plans...Well, I guess this will be one more step to help him overcome that.

On a different note, the other day I was working on making our blog into a book. I was reading to him about a time he broke my center piece. I think the post was called  "Lessons learned from a 3 year old and an angel mother". Anyway, in it I say how much I love him. I looked down and he was crying. Tears spilling over the edge of his eyes. I said, "Carson, what is the matter?" He said, "I don't know. It just makes me feel really good that you love me that much!" I just hugged and hugged him. That is so cute. Carson, I do love you that much! More than anything in the whole wide world!

1 comment:

Erin L said...

Courtney you are such an amazing mother! I think about you a lot while I am mothering these little children of mine and I look up to you in so many ways. Your kids are so lucky to have you as a mom!