Maybe today was better because Robbie spoke in church. It took my mind of my mother being gone. I always get a little nervous when someone might mention me in public. Robbie paid such a beautiful tribute to his mother. He said that if he can think of one word to describe her, it is resilient. It is so true. No matter what life has given her, she always responds with faith and keeps moving forward.
Then it was time for what he had to say about me. He talked about advice given to him to find a girl who loves children and loves the Lord. He said I am a strong runner (wonder compared to who...Ha), a great cook, beautiful. All these things considered, he said how much I love our boys. And I do. More than anything.
I have been given glimmers lately that this is the best time of my life. I really have felt that I am not ever going to have a do over. This is it! What an adventure I am blessed with. But also, what a responsibility! I hope that I am up to the task at hand. I love these boys and want them to have the best life they can. I want them to be good friends and examples. So far, they are doing pretty well with this. I love them so much! These glimmers make me so thankful that I had a mother who cherished her role as mother. She taught me to live in the moment and to love my family more than anything. I will forever feel so blessed to have the time I was able to have with her. Love you, Mom!
This is Carson's Mothers Day card for me that he made at school. I didn't get a picture of Nathan's, but his was darling too!
Darling little boys that I get to call mine! Luke is crying because I took away his bottle for the picture.
A couple of days ago, Carson lost his first tooth on top! It is so darling. I can't wait for the other one to come out! I love toothless little smiles! It was full of drama though. A lot of tears were shed. I kept telling him how lucky he is to have a dad that knows what he is doing...didn't help! But it is out! Yea!
I have the best husband ever. Friday, I went to Utah with Karrie. We had such a fun time shopping and talking. While I was gone, Robbie did some shopping and sneaking with the kids. When I pulled into the garage, there was a road bike, helmet, shoes, and gloves! I couldn't believe it! I went out to go for a ride. It was my first ride since I was 12. I saw our neighbor Jill out. Don't worry. I forgot to unclip my pedals when I stopped to talk to her. I totally tipped over! I cut my right leg and totally scraped up my other one and my arm. Nice. I look pretty beat up. No one can believe that I was stopped. It looks pretty bad. More that anything, it hurt my ego. Oh well! Lesson learned! Hope that doesn't happen again! I love having a bike. Hopefully, Robbie and I can ride some together. He is doing the Rupert century in a couple of weeks...100 miles. Whoa! Maybe some day...sigh...but for now I just need to learn how to use clip in pedals!
No comments:
Post a Comment