Friday, January 30, 2009
Losing my mind...
This week has been monumentous for the stupidest thing that I have ever done. I have a friend who does interior design and she is helping us with our house. We need to get some mirrors for our bathrooms ordered. She had some catalogs for me to look at. I met her at her church (she is over achievement days) at about 4 o' clock on Wednesday. She was already parked in a space by the sidewalk. I parked perpendicular to her. I pulled up and jumped out to grab the catalogs. We were just chatting away when she said, "Your car is driving away!" What! Sure enough, my car was driving away. SO, in a not so glamorous, 9 mo pregnant wearing slippers way, I went chasing after my car. I was thinking the whole time how Carson was going to be in big trouble for getting out of his booster and puting the car in gear. Well, when I finally caught my car, Carson was fastened in his seat. I had not put the car in park! I am such an idiot. My kids were both bawling. Mom, the car was driving all by itself! Good thing my wheel was strait because I passed 2 other parked cars and missed them by about 3 feet! Robbie thinks maybe he should take away the car keys until this baby comes, BUT, having this baby will not bring my brains back...maybe it will make it worse!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Thanks for he laugh, my boys were asking me what was so funny! You are hilarious!
If it makes you feel any better, I just walked into the laundry room to get a new light bulb. I ended up doing 5 other things and walked out of the laundry room WITHOUT the light bulb :)
I was busting up laughing! That is too funny!
Troy and I jumped out of the pick up once to run inside our house (left the kids in the truck) when we got back in we realized he left it in drive....good thing there was a snow drift in front of us or the kids would have ended up through the garage walls!
That is too funny. It sounds like something I would do. I tried to blame things on being pregnant, but I think if possible I did better being pregnant. I am so absent minded.
I wish I could have seen you running (waddling) after the car. Miss you!
You haven't had that baby yet have you? I check your blog alot but you never up date. i am so ready for this baby to come out. what are you naming him? hope it goes good.
Not to worry. I did the exact same thing once but my suv ran into my brother in-laws scion. Yes damage was done and I felt so stupid. It happens! Funny story now.
Post a Comment