Yesterday we took a much needed trip out of the house. We drove about 25 minutes to get fast food tacos...that is how it is here in our tiny town. Then we were headed to Walmart for something to entertain our kids...a movie...coloring book...anything. They are feeling a little couped up. I can't blame them because I do too.
So, Carson likes to eat the same old thing over and over. He was mad because he did not want Taco Bandido. I was trying to explain to him how yummy a crisp bean burrito was. He LOVES refried beans (that is ALL he eats at Mexican food places), so naturally this would be a good choice for him. Then he told me, "Mom, I want something a little more healthier." This is coming my child who likes fruit snacks, not fruits and veggies (his own observation). I was proud that he was thinking to eat something healthy. I asked what he would like. He responded, "Something healthy, like you know, a hot dog or a corn dog or something healthy like that."
Something healthy like that. So that was his solution. Good thing that Taco Bandido sells something healthy like that...deep fried corn dogs. So for lunch he had something healthy...a corn dog and ice cream with gummy bears...his dream meal.
2 comments:
Just wait till he is in school. He will learn all about what is healthy. Bridger is constantly asking me why I buy white bread instead of wheat, because the sugar in white bread sits in your stomach longer followed by my teacher told me that. Almost anytime I feed him he asks if this is good for him and how many calories does it have.
I'll take a deep fried snickers bar on the side.
That story makes me smile!
Hope all is well with little Logan.
Post a Comment