Birthday
On June 5 we celebrate Carson's 4th birthday. It doesn't seem fair that he is 4. I am VERY glad that we are done with the 3's. The only thing he wanted for his birthday was a soccer ball cake, so that is what he got (along with a few other things). He is sure growing into a fun little boy. He is fun loving, very smart, and loving to his brothers. He has some new knowledge. He informed me that when he goes under the water in the bath tub that it is called immersion, that Jesus was baptized in the Jordan River by a man named John, and that beetles are just nice spiders. He hates red ants and flies. He loves to weed the garden. We love him so much. When Nate talks about him, he calls him "my Carson".
T-Ball
It is official...we have started our running. Carson played t-ball this year. I would not say that he loved it. By the last game he liked it. He did not like playing in the field. In fact, I got to stand by him a lot and when I wasn't standing by him, his coach was carrying his glove. He did like hitting. Running the bases...what to say about that...he passed the kids in front of him, ran more than one base, and my moment of glory...I got to run around them with him a time or two...the things I get to do as a mother...As much as I had to coax Carson, Nate was on the sideline crying because he wanted a turn. Next year...The best part of the season for Carson was being on a team with a team shirt, having a coach (who he still sees and calls coach), and earning a medal.
My hiking husband and our little family started doing this little hike when Carson was just barely 2 and Nate was a tiny baby in a front pack. We drive our car to the mountains where the road is closed and hike about 3 miles (on the road) back to a lake called Lake Cleveland. It is a small mountain lake, but early in the spring there is still snow and some run off roaring down the mountain. The kids love the hike in. It is full of drinks and snacks, but the way out is not so fun. They are always tired a need naps. Carson walked the whole 6 mile loop this year. Plus he was our little snow explorer. Nate did the whole way in, but Robbie put him in the back pack on the way out. We had to hurry because a storm was coming. Logan was in the front pack. The kids loved throwing rocks into the water, putting food out for the chipmunks, and exploring around the lake. On the way out, we had to do a little distraction method. Carson was getting tired so we were counting to 100 and singing "the ants go marching" the whole way out. The kids are still talking about it. I am hoping that next year I won't be pregnant or carrying a baby in the front pack...so far I am yet to be with out either of those things...We'll see!
3 comments:
That birthday cake turned out good, YOu are good you talked to me when you were making it you have massive talent. so i am going to the 10 yr you better be there. you look good too. looks like you are having a fun summer
Great pictures!! :) Your little boys are so cute!! You look so great! What a fun hiking tradition! Beautiful place! I am way impressed with the soccer cake! Too cute...thanks for sharing! :)
I love you guys! I can't believe Carson is 4! What a big boy. I love all the boy things you get to do...and I bet you were really good at t-ball!
Post a Comment