Saturday, June 19, 2010

Now that is something to celebrate!


At the end of May or first of June, Robbie called me pretty upset. He ran into his dad at Maverik...getting a GIANT pop, of course, and said that his dad told him that he was closing his office. We were all so sad and sick. Afterall, Dad was our doctor, he had a lot of patients depending on him, but he needed surgery on his shoulder. So, after 40+ years, he decided to call it quits.

The family wanted to do something for him, so we had a day long party...or PAR-TAY as Nate calls it. All the family met at 9ish on  Saturday morning for a day of service...to give a little back, very little. We weeded, cleaned their garage, washed the cement, cleaned the plants, stacked firewood. The list goes on and on. I shouldn't say we. I should say they, because my job was to babysit all the little kids. I kept them busy stacking wood and picking up pinecones. Then we got out the hose, pool and water baloons. I was soaked.

After the work came the fun. We had a delicious Mexican feast made my Mary Ann and Scott. Then that night we had a chocolate fountain with tons of things to dip. I was in charge of that. It was a hit.  It was like a feeding frenzy. The kids devoured it. Dad loved it. There was nothing left.

It was a small payment for the amount of service Dad has done for our family. We love him. He is a good man that has taught his children well. They know that if they work hard, they can accomplish anything. Thanks Dad!

No comments: