Preschool Graduation
Of course, preschool graduation was the last day of school, which, the teacher assigned to be Carson's summer birthday. So, we got to bring treats. Carson chose to bring shark cupcakes. I was gone visiting my dear friends in Utah all day on Tuesday. I did not get back until 12:15 am...this is late for this mother of 3. Anyway, so on Monday night, I stayed up late so he could bring these to school. I thought that they turned out so cute.
Then we had the actual graduation. The kids worked so hard on their ABC books. They turned out so cute. A little of my work was showcased in the book too. For Valentines Day, I made big heart cookies with the kids names on them...just like my mom did for me. There was a picture of all the kids holding their cookie. Cute.
Carson and his teacher
Carson and Grace...aka "honey"
T-Ball
We couldn't stand the thought of chasing Nate off the field for a whole season this year, so even though he is too young, we signed him up. He is doing great. They are on the same team and are loving it. They LOVE to kick dirt and tease the girls on their team. Carson especially loves the girls...we are in TROUBLE with that one. Look at these two happy brothers.
One funny story that happened this year was that Nate was on first base. I looked up and he had his shirt pulled up so that only his little face was sticking out the head hole. He ran all the way to second base like this. I was waiting for the whole shirt to come off. Robbie keeps waiting for one of the boys to pee on the field...we had a close call last week. Nate really had to go. Luckily he came and got Robbie. T-ball is the best. I am so glad that I have all these boys to play.
Carson Turns 5
On June 5, we had such a fun good day. Carson has been waiting for June 5 for ever. He was so excited when it finally came. He chose a volcano cake. He was so excited to have this cake that he couldn't go to sleep until it was complete. He and Nate were having fun licking frosting and watching me decorate the cake.
the completed cake
Birthday morning started promptly at 6:15 am. Woa! We made Carson wait until his brothers were both awake to open presents. Finally, Robbie woke Logan up at 7 and we got the party started. It was so cute. Carson kept saying, "Nate, I can't wait to see what we got for my birthday." "Look what we got." It was never "mine". I love that little boy.
Carson and his dragon "weapons". He couldn't wait to call and tell Grandpa Bob about his weapon. He wanted a radio of his own. So, he was so excited to see his radio complete with a cd with all his favorite songs. It was weird not to just get him baby toys. He really has grown up.
He had a primary party that morning. It was cold and windy, but fun. I will say that 5 is kind of nice. It was nice to go to a party like that and not have to chase him all over the field. I feel like I have been chasing him for the last 4 years strait...we may have turned a corner.
Then that night we had his cousins and some friends over for "the noodles with that white spaghetti sauce...like we had in Salt Lake City". AKA penne with alfredo sauce. SO, we had a nice dinner of breadsticks, alfredo, and salad. YUM.
We did cake and ice cream and presents. You have to love friends that give such fun presents as squirt guns. Thanks Kerrie! The kids ended up soaked and covered in mud. "We had to turn on the faucet to fill our guns..." Good thing it was his birthday. It was the perfect end to a great birthday.
I just want to write a few things that I love about our sweet oldest child. He LOVES life. He is afraid that he might miss something. He is always full steam ahead. He has been this way since birth. He loves his two best friends very much...his "brother" (Nate) and his "baby brother" (Logan). We really didn't need names for them as far as he's concerned. I love that he loves to snuggle every day when he wakes up. When his is so mad at me, his threat is, "Fine. I just won't snuggle you any more." It is like a dagger. Good thing he had never followed through. I love how he says Mamaaa. I always know who is talking when he says my name. I love his tender heart and his compassion. Don't get me wrong...he is the oldest...he definately does his share of fighting, but when he is wrong, he knows it. My dad always says, "I can't think of those boys with out smiling." That is how I feel. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for them. Happy birthday, Carson.
Now, the BIG Suprise!!!
Don't these brothers look like something is missing??? Well, suprise to us, them, and everyone...there is...like baby #4!!! We are so excited and the shock is now wearing off. So, to add to the already long list of things to do between Thanksgiving and Christmas, we get to add having a baby. We are excited. Everyone keeps asking me if I want a girl...OF COURSE...but, these funny little boys are pretty sweet too, so we'll take what we get. Carson thinks it is 2 girls. Robbie says no family should have to have 4 boys in a row...we'll see. I am about 15 weeks, so not too long til we find out! Looks like big changes for 2010!
9 comments:
Wahooo!! It's totally going to be a girl! ;) Congrats you guys.
I ♥love♥ 5 year olds too, it's like they finally get it, Nate and I were having this same conversation the other day. Happy Birthday to Carson, what a sweetie...lookm what WE got for my bithday . ♥it!
You are super mom I tell you! When my little ones get a bit older I might need some help on the birthday party treats! .... oh and I feel a girl in the air!
Congrats! That is so exciting. Your boys are growing up so fast.
congrats!! girls r fun but as long as they are healthy who cares, right? i have a friend who's brother and his wife just had their 5th boy. lol
did u make that volcano cake? very neat
What exciting news. Congratulations! I can't wait to hear about your boy #4 :)
And I loved those Shark cupcakes. You are amazing Courtney!
Stephanie
Congrats! If you asked Robin (mother of 5 boys), then she would say good luck with getting that Girl. I bet the boys are so excited.
yahoo! :) Congrats Court! that is way exciting! And you guys look like you've been busy and lovin' it. That is the way it should be! Your boys are just too cute! Can't wait to hear about #4!
You are a baby maker! I love it :) But could you slow down a little so I can catch up....well I guess my little girls to be can grow up to marry your older boys! Your little...growing family is so cute. I miss you all so much and need a Courtney fill soon. Love ya!
Hooray for big changes! Frankly I wish I was on #4 instead of just my first. I've got a lot of catching up to do if I'm going to meet my child quota goals! ;) But you HAVE to let me know when you find out your exact due date... my doc has bumped mine up a few days, so we might be due on exactly the same day! How crazy would that be?
Post a Comment