There is no one more special in this whole world that my cute little 90 year old grandma. The boys call her Grandma Great, which is very fitting. She is wonderful. For one of our 12 days of Christmas activities, we had her over for dinner. She of course thought the chicken noodle soup was the best thing that she'd eaten. She is so sweet.
Then the boys treated her by singing her songs. I may have bribed them with a dollar, but don't tell her that! Actually, do. She'd get a kick out of it! Logan sang Give Said the Little Stream. Nate sang Stars Were Gleaming. Carson sang When Joseph Went to Bethlehem. She loved it.
We then packed everyone in the car and took her to see all the Christmas lights. For 2 hours we drove. It was delightful. She is always so happy and loves goodness so much. She is so easy to have around and to please. We even took her to my mom's cousin's house (Brent) to see the Nativity that was her father's. Brent displays it in his yard. It was neat. I loved hearing her recall Christmas memories of long ago. She was a little girl and would stay at her Grandma and Grandpa Norton's home. Her Grandpa Norton would always take the kids out to see Santa's sleigh and reindeer tracks. She said it was magical.
We ended the night at Dairy Queen. She got a giant twist cone. It was perfect.
I called her the next day to ask her a quick question. I told her that I wished our evening went on longer. It had gone by too fast. "Oh Courtney," she said, "That is the neat part about our night. We've created a forever memory, and no one can take that away from us."
It is true. It will be a forever memory. I love this dear sweet lady. When I was a little girl I told her that we'd always be best friends. I am pretty confident that is still the case 20 years later. I love you, Grandma!
This picture is of that night. I could tell that she wanted to hold Luke. He is getting quite busy. I picked him up and set him on her lap. He sat still as he could be and just let her hold and kiss him. Sweet baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment