Tuesday, February 17, 2009

He's here!!!

We are so excited to say that our sweet little baby boy was born on Sunday (I am 3/3 with boys and Sunday births), February 15 at 3:52 pm. His name is Logan Marshall Wayment. Marshall is after his Grandpa Wayment. It was a very quick labor and delivery...no epideral! Yikes! Logan weighed in at 9lbs 1 oz and 21 inches long. He and Carson weighed the same, but Carson was 22 inches...I think because of his serious cone head! Both Logan and I are doing great. Everyone else in the house is on antibiotics and sick.

Look at those chubby arms. The newborn diapers never fit my babies...the hospital didn't have any size 1. His little legs are totally squished. Look at that hair...that is what 3 and 1/2 hours start to finish with no pain relief will do to a girls hair! Grandpa Bob, Grandma Marsha, and my sister Heather all made it to the hospital before Logan was born...in time for my dad and Robbie to give me a blessing. Robbie wants to know why all of our kids are born looking just like my dad.

Just an hour or so after birth, he could not get enough of his thumb! YIKES! We already have one of those. I am pretty sure that Nathan isn't going to give it up if his brother gets to do it!

The proud big brothers. Logan was pretty much named Luke, but when the boys came to the hospital, Robbie brought them in and Carson ran right to the baby and said, "Logan, you're here. I love you, Logan." It just seemed right. He and Nate are both doing well. I fully look for things to turn southward when Robbie goes back to work...but until then we are enjoying our new little bundle.

14 comments:

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

Congrats! That is so cute that Carson called him Logan. He is a cutie. He weighs all most as much as Paisley and she is 9 weeks old...all I can say is OUCH!! I thought about you all weekend wondering if he made it here yet. Glad to hear you are doing well. I am so happy for you!

Alisha Wilkins said...

Courtney he is so adorable! Congrats! He does look alot like the 'famous Grandpa Bob' :)
Sorry the others are sick...send them my way ANYTIME!

Elise said...

Yea! I am so happy for you!! I love the pic of him sucking on his thumb, so sweet! None of my kids were thumb suckers, it's adorable.

No pain meds!! You are my hero!

brownfam said...

Congrats-he's cute. Glad at least you 2 are doing good:) Thanks for sending us pics. Here is our blogpage
mistinwayne.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

congrats courtney!!! awww....your dad! he is such a great guy!! :) Logan is a cutie! I kept checking your blog wondering if you had had him!! and wow...no pain meds?!?! I'm in awe of you! :) Congrats again...what cute boys you have!

Natti said...

Congrats you guys. I love the name. You are awesome! Love you!

Lisa said...

Congrats! February 15th is a good day...it is our anniversary! I love the name... Drew's middle name (Nash) is also my dad's middle name/my grandma's maiden name...it is so fun when fun names are also family names! Brad and I still don't have a boy name we like...If our baby turns out to be a boy he may go home as "baby boy"Larsen. Logan is adorable!!!

Natalie said...

We couldn't be happier for you! 3 boys in a row would be Rhett's dream come true. Enough for a basketball team would be even better. So you could work on that. When can I come see the little bundle of joy?

Erin said...

Congrats again! He looks adorable. I wish we lived closer so I could come visit. I can't wait to see what mischief little Logan will be up to. Miss you guys!

amber buhrley said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you. I am glad you have a blog so I can check in on your cute little family every now and then! Wow, no epidural! Your amazing!!

Shawn K. Wayment, DVM said...

Hi Wayment family! We're excited for your newest addition! We miss you!

Shawn, Karen, Kristen, and Ms. Brenna!

Prudent Family said...

Wow!!! Congrats to you!! I can't believe you did it drug-free!! I will never experience it...EVER!!! :) I am too much of a wus!! I am happy for you and you have such a cute family.

Megan said...

Court He is so Big! I love that you look amazing after an ALLLLL pain delivery. I am going epidural all the way. COngrats and I cant wait to see you guys!

kari said...

He's beautiful! You are quite the woman to have babies that size! Holy Moly Court!