Let's just say that I have a lot of blogging to catch up with. So, happy belated Easter. I love Easter. I love the candy...I think I went through 10 bags each of
Cadbury Mini Eggs and Sweet-Tart Jelly Beans. I love the traditions...Grandpa Bob's Easter Egg Hunt...pics will come. But, most of all, I love the message. I am so thankful for the Resurrection. I loved that we had General Conference. It was so neat to hear from our prophet.
Like with every holiday, I love spending time with family. We had a lot of Robbie's family here. We ate
sooooo good...fish tacos,
chile verde (thanks to Andy and Kristin), and a yummy Easter feast.
Of course, it was our turn to clean the church, so we colored eggs about 9:30 the night before Easter. We had our cousins here to do it. It was so much fun. Logan was in bed about 3 hours by the time we got eggs colored. Good thing too...he is so busy and likes to make lots of messes!

I LOVE Nate's green fingers. He loved the green dye. I guess that was lucky since he had on green
jammies.

Easter morning was fun. The Easter Bunny came and hid the Easter baskets and candy filled eggs. The baskets were hidden in our favorite hiding places for Hide and Go Seek. The boys found them in about 2 minutes. They had some dinosaur presents...an encyclopedia about
dinosaurs, a couple of books and a movie. That Easter bunny must really know Carson. He went crazy with the encyclopedia. Now it is me...the mother going crazy reading about all these
dinosaurs. I don't even know how to say the names. Don't worry, my 4 year old corrects me all the time. The biggest hit with Logan was, of course, the CANDY! Jelly beans, Peeps, chocolate suckers...you name it, he loves it.


We got all ready and watched Conference. I love this
picture of all my boys. Once again, I had to bribe a silly picture for a nice one. I almost like the silly ones best.

We had all the
Wayments over after Conference for an Easter feast. Then it was time for our Easter Egg Hunt. In true Idaho fashion, it snowed all week end, so we had the hunt in our messy, dirty, unfinished basement.


The prizes...YUM!

I think a dirty face is the sign of a good fun day!

These are Robbie's 3 brothers that live around here. We sure missed everyone that couldn't come.

After all the festivities were over, I was a little sad. I hate the let down when everyone goes home. It is so nice to have family close by and to get to spend so much time together. We'll do it again next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment