Thursday, May 26, 2011

We earned it!!! and a little extra...

Clear back at the beginning of November, the boys wanted to go bowling for Family Home Evening. I thought that sounded like a lot of fun, but there was one problem...I was 9 months pregnant at this time. So, we talked it over and decided that in order to do something SO SO SO fun, maybe the boys could earn it. We had them fill a small jar with marbles. Each marble represented a service. We tried to discuss our service over dinner, but then we forgot, so it moved to Monday nights. The services ranged from shoveling snow for Grandma to helping set out napkins at preschool. After 4 long months, we earned it. On March 7, we went to the bowling alley. We were so excited. We had a pizza and some french fries there...dun dun dun...that will come later. 
Nathan so excited to bowl
 Nate throwing it down the alley...thank goodness for bumpers!
 The big Daddy...so strong!
 Lukey loving all the excitement!
 Logan didn't really care for the bowling, but he LOVED the fry sauce! He drank it!
 Nate's got great form!
 He did it! He got a STRIKE!
 Logan's turn!
 Here are our scores...Notice the winner with 115...Logan! And not too far behind...big Daddy with 105! Gotta love bowling.

After we got home from bowling, I rode the exercise bike. I kind of started feeling a little sick. I just thought it was the pizza gut bomb. About the same time, Carson started complaining of a tummy ache...Well, needless to say, by the next morning all of us (except Nate and Luke) had either thrown up or had diarrhea or both. Carson and I got it the worst...It was BAD.

I can handle the sickness, but the next day I was in charge of the Relief Society Birthday Dinner. I had to make dinner and dessert for 50 women. I hadn't slept and my tummy was still turning. My cute husband stayed home from work and helped so much. I baked 100 cupcakes and frosted them and got everything ready for the dinner. Robbie grilled chicken and cut it up. He also tended all the kiddos. My kitchen was a disaster, but I made it. I didn't eat dinner, but I heard it was good.

The conclusion we came to is that we got food poisoning for the pizza or fry sauce. YUCK and YIKES! We will never eat there again.

It was neat to see the kids set a goal and accomplish it. They worked so hard. They earned it. It was just too bad we had a little extra that came along with it!

No comments: