Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall soccer comes to an end

We just finished fall soccer and the improvement Carson made since the spring was amazing. I think the last thing I wrote about soccer was that he had made a goal in the wrong net. Well, this fall, he scored a few times (still being one of the youngest on his team) in the right net!
After the season, I went to the coach to thank him. He said how funny Carson was and that he wanted a drink more than any kid on the team. Every time up and down the field he'd ask if it was time for water. He gets this from me...I felt like this during high school basketball. Before the last game I told him if he scored a goal  that he could have a chocolate milk shake from Maverik (Rupert's finest treat stop). Well, he did it. He did such a good job. Then he ran to his coach and said, "Coach, I've gotta go. I 've gotta go get my chocolate milk shake." That cracked me up. He meant right now. Well, he stuck out the rest of the game and did a great job.
 I am proud of the little boy he is growing into. He was always cheering for his team and high-fiving them. He did chase his favorite little girlfriend around quite a bit. Before the last game, I asked if he was sad that soccer was ending. He told me, "NO WAY! All that running makes my legs tired." I agree. It would make mine tired too.

2 comments:

Erin said...

That's awesome. I love that he wanted to leave the game right then to go get his milkshake. Miss you guys.

Elise said...

What a cutie! What are we going to do with ourselves now that fall sports are over?