This year for Halloween, I decided that the most fitting costume for these little boys was to be a group of wild little Indian brothers. So, I busily sewed 3 different, but similar costumes...like these 3 different but similar brothers. It was a little crazy sewing with the help of a toddler. Logan really liked the strait pins. He'd say, "Balls. Balls. Balls." Then I showed him that there were pokeys on the ends. Then he said, "Pokey balls." He loved being right where I was...right in the middle of everything. I said to my friend Haley, "Now, remind me why I do things like this?" She reminded me that it is because it is FUN! She is right.
So, our Halloween festivities began with the preschool party. Here are the two scary Indian brothers.
Logan wanted his costume on too, but he had to just make do with his feather.
Look at his skinny body. He is just bones. He loved running around with that feather on!
Then, better late than never, Friday we went to the pumpkin patch. Once again, Carson is miles ahead of everyone leading the way.
Look at that strong dad carrying the pumpkins that the boys couldn't. I really couldn't either considering I am already looking like I am carrying one.
Cute wheel barrow...the boys LOVE wheelbarrows.
It was freezing. Poor little Logy...red runny nose an all. He was crying by the time we got to the car. We had to cheer him up with "nandy".
We went to lunch. Then it was home for naps then pumpkin carving. What wimpy kids we have. No one would touch the slimy guts of the pumpkins.
Carson spent his time taking many pictures. This one is of a decoration he drew with "scary pumpkins saying boo."
This one is Nate's art work...a scary skeleton. He also drew one of a "weird looking bug."
Here is Carson's photography at its best.
The final product...just what they wanted...grumpy scary pumpkins.
Logan didn't mind the slime too much...he's a little braver than his brothers.
After carving pumpkins, the boys did some "work" outside. While they were working, Carson said, "Mom, come look at this cute little guy in the window well." So I went. It was a mouse. I said, "That is not cute. It is a dead mouse." I went to get Robbie. Removal of all mice is the dad's job. As I was walking away Carson said to Nate, "It is a cute little guy. I would want a mouse for a pet." GROSS! Never in this house. Then when I came back, I heard him telling Nate, "Heaven really is a nice place. I am so glad." Well, if mice are in heaven...I know quite a few Wayments that won't be there.
Last night, we had our trunk or treat at the church. We had it inside this year. It was a good thing because it rained and rained. So, here are our Indian Braves before we went.
Our only one that could maybe pass for an Indian...Nate's out with his blue eyes...Logan is out with his blond hair...
Scary Indian face...
Look at this little cutie. I love one little red feather.
After trunk or treat, we had a bunch of friends over to our house for homemade donuts and apples with caramel sauce. The kids had been waiting for this all week long. Carson...our social butterfly...said, "I can't believe we get to have a party...with friends." It was fun to enjoy friends in our home.
So, now it is official. I have turned into my mother. I spent a lot of time this month sewing...and I really don't know how...and cooking. It was all in the name of a good party. Sometimes I wonder what Elaine is thinking of me as an adult. I hope she is liking what she sees and is thinking, "Good thing I taught her how to have a party...it is what life is all about"
5 comments:
those are the cutest indian costumes! WOW! You are amazing! Your boys are too cute...I love the scary indian faces. :) Hope you are feeling ok...I bet you are so excited to finally get that cute little baby here!
Dear Court,
It brought tears to my eyes to see you wondering what you mother would have thought of you as a mother. Before she died, we often talked of each of you kids and how you would get along in this world with her here. She was so worried. I can tell you that she is more prouder of you today, than can be expressed in words. I am proud of you and love Robbie and the wild little indian tribe with all my heart as I know your mother does. You remind me of her in a lot of ways, So you are doing just fine.
Love,
Dad
Ha Ha your boys crack me UP!!! They look so cute in their costumes...great job!!
So cute!!! Ana still talks about her friend carson. We miss you!
You are unreal Court. Darling costumes.
Post a Comment