Sunday, October 17, 2010

A weekend away...

So back in the early spring, Robbie and I got 4 tickets to the Lion King. We were so excited. We gave 2 to my dad and Marsha for their birthdays. Two days after Logan's tubes, we packed our suit cases and took our kids to Twin Falls to stay with Scott and Heather and their 5 kids. That means for 2 days, they had 8 kids at their house. They were so great to watch them. We hadn't left the kids since before Logan was born. We were LONG over due.

We had a little shopping trip, stayed in the hotel, and the most monumental thing...according to Robbie...ate at the Red Iguana Mexican Restaurant. It was so good. For me, the show was the best part...for him, I really think it was the good Mexican food. It was so fun to be together. I was shocked when I had to go to the bathroom and didn't have to wait for anyone to go, wipe any extra bums, or wash any extra hands. But, I did miss those funny little boys.

The Lion King was amazing. It brought tears to my eyes...again...just like when I saw it in New York. I loved being able to experience it with my husband on one side and my dad on the other. When we gave my dad the tickets, he wasn't too thrilled. Marsha was. He wasn't. After it was over with, they LOVED it and were so thankful that we took them.


 It would have been nice if my dad could have kept his eyes open for one picture...this is one of 5 where his eyes were closed...Thanks dad.
Probably my favorite song from the show is He Lives in You. I love that. I couldn't help but think of my mom and the legacy that she has left behind her. I hope that I never forget who I am and where I came from. There are some people that have sacrifices so much for me to be where I am today. I did not really understand this until I had my own kids and realized that I would give about anything for their happiness. The great circle of life really is a miracle.

1 comment:

Elise said...

Good for you guys! You look so cute!