On Wednesday a couple of weeks ago, my aunt called me and said that their 4 season tickets to the BYU vs SDSU game were available. I told her that I'd talk to Robbie. After all, BYU foot ball is really his thing. We'd talked about taking the boys, but it wasn't something that we ever got the tickets for. I was fine either way. When I called Robbie, he said, "Let's do it. And don't tell the kids. Let's surprise them when we are on our way." Later in the evening, I got back to my aunt and told her we'd love the tickets. I had been off the phone 5 seconds when Robbie said, "Boys! Guess what! We are going to Provo on Saturday and going to the BYU football game!" Some surprise.
We packed up and headed out for Provo on Friday morning. We ate and the infamous Red Iguana. The kids loved it as much as their dad. Then in was on to Thanksgiving Pointe and our hotel. When we got there, behind our hotel was a super fun place called Cornbellys. It was a fall harvest fun land. We went there and the pics speak for themselves! (besides that we kept losing Carson...that boy has a mind of his own!)
The most fun slides ever! I even took Logan down 8 months pregnant in a skirt...if that doesn't got Mom of the Year Award, I don't know what does!
This was a favorite...the water pump. Look at the determination on Nate's face!The boys loved these bikes. Nate even rode the pink one. They were fun!
This is on the cow train. Nate wouldn't ride this, but Carson and Logan LOVED it!
Look at them laughing together!
Spider man!
I am glad we tried the kiddie corn maze before we decided to take the kids to a big one. One turn around a corner and we'd lose them! Carson, of course, our born leader, wanted to take charge of the way. We kept losing him!
The treat of choice: Blue Cotton Candy
Here is a race track that the boys and Robbie rode through.
Nate is the King of the Haystack!
After Cornbellys, Carson begged for another trip for Mexican food to "that place we ate at for lunch". My pregnant, sensitive, and still full tummy thought otherwise, so we opted for Subway. Then it was back to the hotel for swimming. Robbie took the big boys and I tried to get Logan to sleep. He wasn't having it. He waited for his brothers and when they got in bed, he finally went to sleep.
The next morning all before 9, we ate breakfast and swam. Then, we were was on our to Provo. We walked around campus and then took our kids to the BYU shopping Mecca...the Bookstore. Carson kept saying, "Look at all this BYU stuff! WOW!" They especially loved the candy counter. Here they are enjoying their treats. With these 3 little boys all decked out in BYU gear, a pregnant mom, and a BYU gear dad, we were the totally typical Mormon family. I loved it!
Here we are out side the stadium. The band kids kept walking by. Carson and Nate were wide eyed with wonder at their shiny instruments. They told each one, "You are so cool." or "I like your instrument." or "You are awesome!" It cracked me up!
Logan wasn't about to miss out on the fun. It took all his might, but he made it to the Cougar.
A nice band girl offered to take our picture.
Finally, we are inside. I grew up with a dad who's motto was if you were late for batting practice, you were late to the game. Well, then I married a man just like that. Here we are practically the first ones there. I love these two brothers...so excited.
During the game, Carson asked me, "Mom, how do I get in that band?" Carson, don't you want to play football. "No, I want to be in that band." We'll see what he thinks when he is 16. He was mesmerized by the drummers.
Cougar Tail...YUMMY!
Logan fell asleep right as the game started. Nate was soon to follow. They slept almost the whole first half.
It was a great day for our family. BYU won. The band was great. The food was yummy...so yummy that Carson threw up popcorn all night when we got home! They keep asking us when we are going back. It was so fun. Our seats were right by the portal on the end. It was very easy to go in and out. If we can have those seats, maybe we'd take them back again and again! They LOVED it!
No comments:
Post a Comment