Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wayment Family Christmas Party!

This year for our Wayment party, we did things a little different. We decided that a night out would relieve us girls from A LOT of work. This was nice considering I had a 5 day old baby. Most women probably would have stayed home, but I just can't miss a party!

We went to Angela's, a local Mexican restaurant. We reserved a room in back. This kept all the kiddos corralled. It was wild. All the little cousins love each other so much. They were so excited. They were SO loud. My poor little brand new baby cried the whole time. I think he was wondering why he decided to come to earth again.

After the food, we headed back to Grandma and Grandpa Wayment's house for fun games, a video about Christ's birth, and of course, a special visitor.
Cute cousins...
The first sight of Santa
Santa was so fun this night. He had Carson shouting, "HO, HO, HO." Look how happy he is. AND, the best part...he told Santa he wanted a surprise for Christmas. What a good boy!
Nate loved Santa too. He told Santa that he wanted a transformer robot that could change into a police car, fire truck, air plane, boat...you name it, he wanted it to change to that. That is a tall order Santa!
HMMMM...not too sure about Santa!
Maybe he's ok...
Lukey wasn't too big on the party. It was a little much for his 5 day old spirit...soooo sad!
Maybe he changed his mind...it is OK after all.
Andy and Kristin were in charge of the party this year. They did such a good job. It was nice to have it simplified. It was fun. I loved the video about Jesus birth. Truly it is a miracle. Watching this had new meaning for me since I had just had a baby 5 days prior. I really thought of Mary and of Joseph. How did these two feel about having a baby in stable? Someone at this Christmas season gave a talk in our ward. What he said really touched me. He said that he did not think it was a coincidence that Luke put in the scriptures that "there was no room FOR THEM". If they had the worldly means, maybe there would have been room. But, to the eye of man, there were lowly and poor and there was not room for them. Little did those inn keepers know, that the person we ALL had been waiting for since our Heavenly Father presented His plan was coming...that night! It really was a tender Christmas season for me. This sweet little baby born this time of year helped me to understand Mary and Joseph and there love for there baby...It was the same love as I have for all my children. I would never want to have a baby in those conditions. But, it was to fulfill prophecy...Maybe if I knew that then I would be OK with the stable...Maybe if I knew that my baby was the Son of God it would have been OK too. I am so thankful for Mary and her example as a righteous mother.

No comments: