On day 3, again, we started out day with a delicious breakfast courtesy of Holiday Inn Express. The boys sure loved the rubbery eggs with processed cheese! We headed out for an adventure. We went to Landscape Arch. The walls of rock surrounding us were amazing. It is such a testament that places like this were deliberately created for our enjoyment by a being much more than us! I loved talking with the boys about this. We also had lengthy discussions about how these were created by erosion. I am so thankful that I payed attention, somewhat, in my earth science class in 9th grade!
There was a neat sand hill between 2 walls. The boys just had to run down it! Here is Nathan running as fast as he can!
In this picture, you can see the little fins rising up. Carson and Nate were more than willing to climb anything for a picture. They loved the climbing!
Here is Landscape arch. It is enormous! You can't walk up to it anymore because in the early 1990's, a huge section of rock broke off. You can see it in the picture right above Nathan's head. Some hikers heard some loud cracking, so the ran away. Luckily they did. A thunderous boom sounded and all that rock fell. No one was hurt. It was a miracle. It was so beautiful.
After Landscape, we tried to hike up to another arch. We went quite a ways back into a canyon, only to find that you have to scramble and do some simple climbing to get to the trail. It was freaking me out with the little boys in backpacks. I vetoed that. We will save that for another trip...like when the boys are 15+.
Then we went to our favorite lunch spot. We spent a couple of hours eating and playing. Luke and Logan were sure glad to run and play. Then it was back in the pack to go down Broadway. Broadway is beautiful. I could not believe the towers. We started at the end of the hike and walked up it.
Carson took this picture of us. I love Logan peeking around Robbie's head.
It was getting hot and the boys were getting tired. We knew that we would not make it the whole way. Poor Logie!
The boys loved this rock. They wanted to play here forever, but it was getting hotter by the second so we promised a stop on our way back.
A nice couple took our family picture. I can't believe all these cute boys belong to me! I am a lucky girl!
It was a neat path. It was like we were walking down a paved road.
We were all getting hot and tired. The boys were complaining. But, somehow, Nathan had enough energy to jump back and forth over this water. He was so funny!
We knew that this was our last day in Arches (tear sniffle), so we let the boys choose where we went last. They chose Sand Dune Arch. They love climbing these fins!
A little scary coming down!
To keep a boy happy all you need is dirt and a stick!
When we hiked back to Sand Dune Arch, Robbie took the older 2 boys climbing. They went so far back that I couldn't see them. He scared me to death! I was praying for the safety of my children and husband the whole time that they were gone! They went so high. When they got back, Robbie ensured me that they were completely safe. They were helping each other along. I still don't know if I believe him!
While they were gone, we dug a huge sand hole, ran down the little sand hill, and rested. We were all tired! When they came back be had a hole digging contest with another family. A non biased judge said that it was a tie! It was fun!
It was sad leaving Arches National Park behind. It was so amazing and beautiful. Robbie and I agreed that we want to go back again and again.
We headed to have dinner at a restaurant that came highly recommended. It was our fav. It is called Pasta Jay's. Delish! The boys ate everything they ordered. Then it was off for a swim and ice cream...again!
No comments:
Post a Comment