Sunday, April 1, 2012

Lunch, Sand Dune, Broken

After such a climatic morning, we all wondered, "Can this day get any better?" The answer was YES! We had a picnic lunch in a beautiful spot. Luke got out of the back pack and ran until he was ready to get back in the car.
I love how he runs. He has to put his arms behind him so that he can balance out his tummy!
After we ate, the boys climbed every fin in sight. Robbie was right along side them.
Lukey stayed down with me. With my new found fear of heights or maybe fear of falling, he was a good excuse for me to let Robbie do the climbing.
On top of the world!
My two little mountain goats. They climbed anything and everything that we'd let them...even some stuff that I wasn't too crazy about their dad letting them do!
Robbie climbed up into this cave thingy. Then later he and the big boys found another one that was a little hidden. Robbie had them take me to it...freaked me out! But they loved the thrill and loved hearing me be scared.
Up they go again! It was the secret passage way to the scary cave.
While we were exploring, we came across these neat fins that were really narrow. The boys walked back as far as they could. I was a little claustrophobic. It was a perfect place to rest and play.
This reminded me of when I was a little girl and my friend Janae Judy taught me to climb the hallway walls. I felt a glimmer of that 6 year old in me!

Perfect place for boys...rocks, dirt, and sticks. What more do you need?

SAND DUNE ARCH

This was probably the most fun arch we went to. The hike was short. There was shade and no wind. Plus the bonus was that there were tons of places to climb. There are no pictures of Robbie, Carson, and Nathan because there were off exploring. I was sick when then came back and told my what they had climbed. It was good for them though. They told me how they had to help each other out and not leave anyone behind. This was a good lesson. Logan, Luke, and I stayed behind and dug in the sand. We loved it! 






BROKEN ARCH

We had hiked our little legs off by this point in the day. Broken Arch was not too far off, or so it looked, so we decided to walk out there. I think the trail was a little over a mile one way. The boys were pretty tired by this point, but we needed one last adventure for the day! So, out we hiked. We didn't take our kid packs because it didn't look too far. We were sorry about that. We figured that the reason is was called "Broken Arch" was because if you forget your kid pack, you have "Broken" arms, neck, and back by the end of the hike from carrying little boys in your arms. It was worth it though.
I love this picture. I felt like a lot of the time in Moab our family was a spectacle. Everywhere people would ask, "Are all these kid yours?" or "You have four boys...sorry mom." My response was always the same...politely laugh and say "Ya...they are mine. I am a busy lady." Then I had a realization. I was so grateful to be here in Moab with these four boys. I was so glad that they aren't four girls and I wasn't stuck shopping all day. So, this is one of my favorite pictures of our trip. Me and my ...YES, count them...one, two, three, four...that is right...FOUR BOYS!!! 
I wish I could say that this was the end of Day one. This is just the end of the pictures. Next it was off to Mexican food, swimming (the boys were rejuvenated enough for that...not us...Robbie and I just gritted our teeth and went), and ice cream. The Scooper-hero was a hit! Yum! That night we all crashed so hard. It was and epic day none of us will ever forget!

No comments: